Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where are my Electronic Dance Music lovers? Official Thread.

79 posts in this topic

Posted

Lalli from Big G playing with Grizmatik last year at my favorite fest (because the team-up of Griz and Gramatik apparently isn't badass enough on its own)

That looks awesome, this kind of electronic improv stuff is really fun to watch live. I saw Big Gigantic at bele chere a couple years ago was blown away, need more saxophone in electronic music

Posted

That looks awesome, this kind of electronic improv stuff is really fun to watch live. I saw Big Gigantic at bele chere a couple years ago was blown away, need more saxophone in electronic music

yeah, it's really amazing. i've been doing music festivals for several years now and am definitely more of a jamhead, but the electronic scene that has been taking over the late night sets at these festivals definitely can't be missed. i feel bad for the folks that, like me, started out as jamheads but are unwilling to try out this new stuff or just brush it off as 'button-mashers'

i've seen Big G a ton of times, he's huge on the festival circuit. saw zeds dead last year, which was awesome. pretty lights more times than i can remember... got to see him on a TINY stage in '09 before he got really really big. Bassnectar a handful of times, his crowds just starting to suck... too many candy kids that can't handle their drugs. a bunch of other stuff too here and there... shpongle's awesome if you're looking for something different. Skrillex is HORRIBLE... he's the quintessential 'button-masher' and deserves zero credit for what he does.

if it's late-night at a festival, there's nothing better than some good electronic music to help finish out the day... except for maybe some high energy bluegrass. Haha... my music taste is all over the place.

Posted

So... I've gotten back into making some tunes... various styles or whatever... I've come up with some okay sounding ones over the past couple days and started a soundcloud to host them... feel free to listen if you care to.

I'm sure this is better suited for another thread or whatever but I didn't feel like searching too hard or starting anew...

https://soundcloud.com/therealjsquared

1 person likes this

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice! Think I may have to fug someone to that song this weekend.

1 person likes this

Posted

So how's the new Daft Punk album?

Posted

2 people like this

Posted

Anyone ever gone to EDC? If so how was it? What should I expect?  I'm thinking about going to the one in Orlando this year.

Posted

Anyone ever gone to EDC? If so how was it? What should I expect?  I'm thinking about going to the one in Orlando this year.

I know they just had EDC Las Vegas a couple weeks ago. I was considering trying to go for awhile but ultimately decided I didn't want to be the creepy old guy there. Really wish I took advantage and went to these types of things when I was younger, especially Tomorrowland. If you get the chance to attend EDC, I hope you go.

Posted

I went to EDC Vegas in 2012.  Its a pretty awesome experience and I'd highly recommend it.  If you're a fan of the music you're going to have a good time no matter what, just too many good artist in one place to not find something you dig.

Regardless of the music, the crazy(sexy) costumes, carnival rides, and overall atmosphere are almost worth it for someone who doesn't care for the music.  I would recommend either having a high booze budget (if you're into that) or pregaming as far as drinking goes as nothing is cheap inside.  At least water is free now though which is clutch for a certain crowd...

Just be sure to pace yourself, I'm not sure about Orlando but in Vegas things kicked off around 9pm and didn't stop until 5 AM...Amateurs need not apply.  If you want to know any other specifics I can try to answer. 

Next up I want to do Tomorrowland (now in ATL but missed it this year since I snoozed my alarm to buy tickets :( ) or maybe Ultra (though I'm not a big fan of Miami).

1 person likes this