Photo
- - - - -

Where are my Electronic Dance Music lovers? Official Thread.

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#16 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:24 PM

Not really a fan, but a guy that lived on my hall my freshman year started a clothing line dedicated to this genre of music.

http://billionairesapparel.com/

#17 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,169 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

Anyone who is a musician would not claim this as music. Its like Van Gogh throwing a hand full of paint on the wall and calling it art.

#18 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

#19 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

going to this festival in a week and a half: http://www.electricf....com/lineup.php

not for the electronic music tho, mostly for string cheese

but i can get down with anything, so i'll enjoy it all. music is music is music

#20 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

I recognize and respect the musical aspect of this but, at the same time, I also know that anyone with a computer, a limited concept of rhythm and musical composition, and the desire to to so could turn out album after album of this if they chose to do so.

That said, sure, it has an entrancing atmosphere, so it is good for things that require rhythm and focus (such as working out).

I'll offer up my hybrid/bastard version of electronic mixed with metal... this is good workout music also:

#21 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,439 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

Thanks for derailing this thread with that garbage. Please make a metal thread if you please.

#22 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,325 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

Not quite as "hardcore" as most Electronica but I am a big fan of Fedde Le Grand and if I wouldn't be the creepy old guy at the show I would go in a second.

#23 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,404 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

Not quite as "hardcore" as most Electronica but I am a big fan of Fedde Le Grand and if I wouldn't be the creepy old guy at the show I would go in a second.

http://youtu.be/kqLnDlFXlKo

http://youtu.be/j9zJkvtbwG0

http://youtu.be/6yikNhPh9n8

OK, first, I like the hotties as much as the next (creepy old) guy, thank you. Question tho - people really go to an arena type place to watch a DJ? Were those street parties or something? Or am I just a cranky old guy in addition to being creepy?

#24 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,325 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

OK, first, I like the hotties as much as the next (creepy old) guy, thank you. Question tho - people really go to an arena type place to watch a DJ? Were those street parties or something? Or am I just a cranky old guy in addition to being creepy?

They are more all day/night electonica music festivals and they are held around the world......huge rave type things. Fedde has been on tour in the US and just recently played in Vegas, Miami, Atlantic City, etc. In these cases they are held in club like venues. Most people there are all trippin and it is one big music and light show that is fuled by pyschodelics. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but that is my understanding because my stint in that scene was many, many years ago and short lived (thanfully).

What I would love to see is some sort of outdoor festival (rave) that he was performing at in a place like Brazil, Peru, Amsterdam, etc but I realistically won't go. I know I am out of that age group and my days of trippin are long gone and have no interest in ever going back to it not even once. I would like to experience the atmosphere though, especially at an outdoor venue.

#25 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,682 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

No. My name isn't Sven or Mteeka.

#26 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,404 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

They are more all day/night electonica music festivals and they are held around the world......huge rave type things. Fedde has been on tour in the US and just recently played in Vegas, Miami, Atlantic City, etc. In these cases they are held in club like venues. Most people there are all trippin and it is one big music and light show that is fuled by pyschodelics. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but that is my understanding because my stint in that scene was many, many years ago and short lived (thanfully).

What I would love to see is some sort of outdoor festival (rave) that he was performing at in a place like Brazil, Peru, Amsterdam, etc but I realistically won't go. I know I am out of that age group and my days of trippin are long gone and have no interest in ever going back to it not even once. I would like to experience the atmosphere though, especially at an outdoor venue.

#27 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,439 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

Johnny... Look up Tomorrowland and Sensation White.

#28 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,439 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

Also Ultra Music Festival in Miami.

#29 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

Where are my electronic dance music lovers

My guess is the Gay pride parade

#30 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,433 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

If it were that simple, everyone would be a world class DJ and producer.

Go buy Ableton Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com