72 replies to this topic

#16 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

My first reaction is to LOL but I don't know anything about this guy so I will reserve my judgment until I hear more from Cho, Jordan, and Dunlap about this hire. And once I see this team in action. I have a lot of respect for Karl and his endorsement makes me feel a little better.

#17 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

This hire screams CHEAP. I think this also cements the 2nd pick in the draft to be Harrison Barnes too. They will believe he will bring in the most money because he will draw all of the UNC fans.

#18 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

superbowl!

#19 B wood

B wood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

This hire screams CHEAP. I think this also cements the 2nd pick in the draft to be Harrison Barnes too. They will believe he will bring in the most money because he will draw all of the UNC fans.

LMAO......

Cause everyone knows Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan, Larry Bird, & Jeff Van Gundy were beating down Michael Jordan's office door to coach the freaking BOBCATS.

If they hired him it means they felt he was the best candidate. If they draft Barnes then they feel he is the BPA.

#20 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,132 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

well he's a decent looking white coach.

Posted Image

#21 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,992 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

If there was ANY doubt that the Bobcats and MJ are the absolute worst franchise and owner, this move solidified it as the truth.

You hire a college assistant whose only HC experience was in Div II.....proves that we are the absolute laughing stock of the NBA.

Next MJ will draft Barnes and solidify this offseason as another in a long line of complete and epic fails.

#22 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

What's sadder is there are "hardcore" Bobcats fans out there trying to talk themselves into thinking this is a good hire.

I'm all for eating crow, but there's absolutely no way this guy was the best candidate available. You're telling me Jerry Sloan was available and we settled for an assistant at St. John's...

This franchise is so content with mediocrity, it's laughable.

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,132 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:40 PM

get on the "MIKE DUNLAP'S BANDWAGON" before its too late !!!!!!!!!!

lets go guys! i'm on it... and i'm not trying to convince myself to like this guy.
if it was down to Synder, id rather have Dunlap. i dont care anymore. its the bobcats. just love it.

#24 ReadyorNot

ReadyorNot

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:40 PM

Shitty team is shitty.

#25 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

LMAO......

Cause everyone knows Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan, Larry Bird, & Jeff Van Gundy were beating down Michael Jordan's office door to coach the freaking BOBCATS.

If they hired him it means they felt he was the best candidate. If they draft Barnes then they feel he is the BPA.

Yeah, keeping believing that :rolleyes:

#26 themikestrick

themikestrick

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSmithfield, NC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

This is as bad as when the Knicks hired Whoopi Goldberg as coach.

#27 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

Great hire to people with a clue. Guys like Andy Katz are congratulating the Bobcats on Twitter for making a smart hire.

He's a genius as a coach, and other coaches come to his coaching training (see videos below). That's what a young team needs.

Morons always want FLASH, FLAIR, AND A BIG NAME as usual, as if that's always what's needed.

The Bobcats will play pressure defense next year now. Hopefully that doesn't mean they draft Gilchrist.

They will also probably play an uptempo offensive style, based on what I've seen.

This guy could end up being the next Scott Brooks or Greg Popovich for all any of us know. Of course neither would've ever been anything without the players they had, though, just like Phil Jackson wouldn't have been.

#28 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

He better be a magician.

#29 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,632 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:03 PM

The NBA is not the Big East and we weren't looking for an interim/assistant. We needed a HEAD COACH. And if they hadn't had experience as one, they should've at least had a good amount of experience on the pro level. He doesn't.

But, hey... At least MJ gets to save a few more dollars while we continue to suck.

Anyone who thought MJ would actually invest in the brand should take this into consideration as well. Dude is not looking to spend anymore money than he has to.

Look at how he "redesigned" the logo... That's MJ's version of "turning the page." He keeps the same exact logo and just went into photoshop and uses the paint bucket tool and changes the colors. I'll admit, the less orange the better, but still... It's cheap.

I hope many of us are wrong about this hire, but a career college assistant becoming an NBA head coach probably has never happened before, and if it did, I'm willing to bet the results weren't very good.

#30 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

The NBA is not the Big East and we weren't looking for an interim/assistant. We needed a HEAD COACH. And if they hadn't had experience as one, they should've at least had a good amount of experience on the pro level. He doesn't.

Actually he's been a head coach. Granted, it was at the Division II level, where he won 2 National Championships: http://www.newsobser...ike-dunlap.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users