Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luke Kuechly Video on Panthers.com

47 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Funny how only 2 months ago before the draft there were plenty on here bitching about this potential pick comparing him to Aaron Curry, predicting he would be a bust, wasn't going to be able to blitz and on and on.

So is that still the concensus or is the buzz that everyone is hearing from players and coaches already making believers out of the doubters. Or is it still way too early to know..................

Posted · Report post

Funny how only 2 months ago before the draft there were plenty on here bitching about this potential pick comparing him to Aaron Curry, predicting he would be a bust, wasn't going to be able to blitz and on and on.

So is that still the concensus or is the buzz that everyone is hearing from players and coaches already making believers out of the doubters. Or is it still way too early to know..................

You mean 2 months ago when everyone called me and you morons for claiming Carolina should draft this kid?

Posted · Report post

In their defense, people tend to stick up to people who are on their team.

Posted · Report post

You mean 2 months ago when everyone called me and you morons for claiming Carolina should draft this kid?

I would ignore anyone who would call me a moron for wanting to draft Kuechly. Unless you want to call Rivera a moron as well and then I am in good company. But I can understand people who wanted a pass rusher like Cox. Maybe seeing Hardy at 299 lbs and chiseled makes them feel slightly better about our pass rush this year.

Posted · Report post

please don't be another Dan Connor...please

Posted · Report post

please don't be another Dan Connor...please

The fact that you compare the two at all tell me you don't really know much about the two guys. No offense meant.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The fact that you compare the two at all tell me you don't really know much about the two guys. No offense meant.

Dan Connor was highly look at comming out of penn state never could stay on the field. This guy hasn't played one down but is known for having a high motor just like connor.....Staying healthy is the key is what i should of explained from the last post.

Posted · Report post

Damn, forgive me huddlers for talking about bringing up something that we all don't want to hear about...Injury talk is demoralizing...

Posted · Report post

Dan Connor was highly look at comming out of penn state never could stay on the field. This guy hasn't played one down but is known for having a high motor just like connor.....Staying healthy is the key is what i should of explained from the last post.

Connor did have a knee injury but that wasn't the issue at all as to why he was a 2 down back. He was never good in coverage or against the pass while at Penn State or in the pros. He was also a good straight ahead tackler and very good against the run but has trouble going laterally, changing directions and was not especially fast.

All of these deficits are things Kuechly does very well which is why they are not the same type of player at all. The whole injury issue you raise is really tangential to why I made my comment.

If you were trying to point out the injury issue, you should have compared him to Dan Morgan whose ability wise might be a closer comparison although Kuechly seems to be a lot less reckless. But yeah if you had mentioned the injury issue it might have made some sense. Otherwise I compared them on ability which is really not similar at all.

Posted · Report post

wow.. and I used to think Keek was a skinny bitch.

and I like mike craft! just a big black teddy bear. been around since i can remember obsessing over the panthers and stalking their site.

Posted · Report post

The Keek-miester will be a cornerstone for our defense for the next decade or so. I see him becoming a perennial pro-bowler within a couple of years. This defense has a chance to be real special, and once Rivera does his thing the Panthers might be the perfect NFL team. Undefeated season in a few years?? muahahaaa

Posted · Report post

Keuchly has a completely different skillset than aaron curry and dan conner. what are u guys smoking?

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments