• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

Funny how only 2 months ago before the draft there were plenty on here bitching about this potential pick comparing him to Aaron Curry, predicting he would be a bust, wasn't going to be able to blitz and on and on.

So is that still the concensus or is the buzz that everyone is hearing from players and coaches already making believers out of the doubters. Or is it still way too early to know..................

Nobody said Kuechly was gonna be a bust.

#32 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,305 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

Keuchly just exudes intelligence and an understanding of what's going to be asked of him.

Mark it...pro bowl in first two seasons.

#33 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

Nobody said Kuechly was gonna be a bust.

That is false. Plenty of users would call knowledgeable football posters "Kuechly fanboys" for wanting us to draft him.

I heard plenty of "He's the next Dan Connor!!" of course those were the dumbasses that don't actually evaluate players and just compare the two based on skin color.

And then there were guys like Panthro who called him the next Aaron Curry for some strange reason.

#34 panthers90

panthers90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Anyone else get chills seeing Anderson, Beason, and Kuechly lined up together?

#35 Shotgun

Shotgun

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

It would be sick to have another ROTY! :D

#36 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

As much as we can hate Hurney, I think we all agree he is one of the best at first round picks.

#37 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

That is false. Plenty of users would call knowledgeable football posters "Kuechly fanboys" for wanting us to draft him.

I heard plenty of "He's the next Dan Connor!!" of course those were the dumbasses that don't actually evaluate players and just compare the two based on skin color.

And then there were guys like Panthro who called him the next Aaron Curry for some strange reason.

people based their ability to play the game more on the color of their skin than anything.

he's a white LB so he's going to play like a white LB. smart but slow and not athletic.

same garbage that went on with a lot of those who didn't want to draft cam. he's a black QB so he's going to play like a black QB. won't be much of a passer but he'll be a good runner.

people don't want to admit they do it, but they do and they most certainly did.

stereotypes suck. i don't care what color your skin is.

#38 Real Emotional Trash

Real Emotional Trash

I

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

What a breathe of fresh air. An intelligent interview with proper English... He'd never make it on the Huddle though, he'd have to dumb it down to a 4th grade level.

Should've used a semicolon instead of a comma in that last sentence. A dash would've also been acceptable.

#39 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,125 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

I could bump that HUGE pre-draft poll I made a week leading up to the draft. If I am not mistaken, over 150 users participated in the poll and Luke was the one player the majority on here did NOT want us to draft.

#40 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

Best linebacking core in the NFL lives in Carolina.

I wouldn'y say the best. Probably one of the best in the NFL. 49ers have a great linebacker core as well. So again you can say we might have one of the top cores in the league this year.

#41 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

I could bump that HUGE pre-draft poll I made a week leading up to the draft. If I am not mistaken, over 150 users participated in the poll and Luke was the one player the majority on here did NOT want us to draft.

I think that had to do more with the position he played and not his talent. Most, thought CB and DT were bigger needs, but some did think Luke was over hyped.

#42 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

I think that had to do more with the position he played and not his talent. Most, thought CB and DT were bigger needs, but some did think Luke was over hyped.

I think it was a number of things. People thinking that picking Kuechly was abandoning Beason, some thinking he was overhyped and wasn't very good, others wanting another position so they trashed everyone else, and some were just trolling. But there were a number who seemed obsessed with wanting a pass rush or blitz and criticized him relentlessly for not playing in a scheme where he demonstrated those skills regardless of whether he has the physical abilities to be able to blitz or pass rush.

#43 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

picked off again...hmmm

#44 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,130 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

picked off again...hmmm

That was Clausen who got picked. Cam was just goofing around and chased after Luke.

#45 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 10,083 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

Good afternoon class, and WELCOME to the school of JOURNALISM here at UNCC. I'm GOING to teach you how TO be an effective reporter. SPECIFICALLY by enunciating every fifth WORD you say, regardless of WHETHER or not it actually MAKES sense in the context OF what you're saying.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Luke Kuechly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.