Photo
- - - - -

Luke Kuechly Video on Panthers.com

Luke Kuechly

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#37 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

That is false. Plenty of users would call knowledgeable football posters "Kuechly fanboys" for wanting us to draft him.

I heard plenty of "He's the next Dan Connor!!" of course those were the dumbasses that don't actually evaluate players and just compare the two based on skin color.

And then there were guys like Panthro who called him the next Aaron Curry for some strange reason.

people based their ability to play the game more on the color of their skin than anything.

he's a white LB so he's going to play like a white LB. smart but slow and not athletic.

same garbage that went on with a lot of those who didn't want to draft cam. he's a black QB so he's going to play like a black QB. won't be much of a passer but he'll be a good runner.

people don't want to admit they do it, but they do and they most certainly did.

stereotypes suck. i don't care what color your skin is.

#38 Real Emotional Trash

Real Emotional Trash
  • PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

What a breathe of fresh air. An intelligent interview with proper English... He'd never make it on the Huddle though, he'd have to dumb it down to a 4th grade level.

Should've used a semicolon instead of a comma in that last sentence. A dash would've also been acceptable.

#39 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

I could bump that HUGE pre-draft poll I made a week leading up to the draft. If I am not mistaken, over 150 users participated in the poll and Luke was the one player the majority on here did NOT want us to draft.

#40 Pantherman

Pantherman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

Best linebacking core in the NFL lives in Carolina.

I wouldn'y say the best. Probably one of the best in the NFL. 49ers have a great linebacker core as well. So again you can say we might have one of the top cores in the league this year.

#41 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

HUDDLER

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

I could bump that HUGE pre-draft poll I made a week leading up to the draft. If I am not mistaken, over 150 users participated in the poll and Luke was the one player the majority on here did NOT want us to draft.

I think that had to do more with the position he played and not his talent. Most, thought CB and DT were bigger needs, but some did think Luke was over hyped.

#42 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

I think that had to do more with the position he played and not his talent. Most, thought CB and DT were bigger needs, but some did think Luke was over hyped.

I think it was a number of things. People thinking that picking Kuechly was abandoning Beason, some thinking he was overhyped and wasn't very good, others wanting another position so they trashed everyone else, and some were just trolling. But there were a number who seemed obsessed with wanting a pass rush or blitz and criticized him relentlessly for not playing in a scheme where he demonstrated those skills regardless of whether he has the physical abilities to be able to blitz or pass rush.

#43 cbully

cbully

HUDDLER

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

picked off again...hmmm

#44 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

picked off again...hmmm

That was Clausen who got picked. Cam was just goofing around and chased after Luke.

#45 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

HUDDLER

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

Good afternoon class, and WELCOME to the school of JOURNALISM here at UNCC. I'm GOING to teach you how TO be an effective reporter. SPECIFICALLY by enunciating every fifth WORD you say, regardless of WHETHER or not it actually MAKES sense in the context OF what you're saying.

#46 Zithers

Zithers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:50 AM

when he does that high pitched UHHHH or UMMMM before every answer, i feel like kicking his teeth in

whenever he isn't doing that, i am really liking what i see

#47 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:57 AM

Good afternoon class, and WELCOME to the school of JOURNALISM here at UNCC. I'm GOING to teach you how TO be an effective reporter. SPECIFICALLY by enunciating every fifth WORD you say, regardless of WHETHER or not it actually MAKES sense in the context OF what you're saying.

Oh my god, that ACTUALLY worked.