Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CollegePanther

Plaxico coming to Charlotte?

274 posts in this topic

I wouldn't want to keep AE at all.

I'm just saying, that 7th guy can still have something to offer, be it AE or whoever, Lamont etc etc. But those 6 WR's would be something special.

Well we wouldn't carry seven wide outs to begin with, especially if they would have signed Plax. There would only be hope for Lamont Bryant because he may be converted into a tight end and could probably beat out Hartsock for the third tight end spot as long as he showed at least some ability to pass/run block because everyone already has better hands than Hartsock.

If anything, AE should be 3rd or 4th QB. Jimmy needs to go.

But Plaxico here isn't nearly as bad as you would think.

I am for Plax coming here but it's not going to happen and AE at 3rd is laughable.

1. Steve Smith

2. Brandon LaFell

3. David Gettis

4. Kealoha Pilares

5. Joe Adams

6. Seyi Ajirotutu, Darvin Adams, Armanti Edwards

7. Lamont Bryant, Rico Wallace, Jared Green, Brenton Bersin, Hubert Anyiam, Michael Avila,

It isn't about LaFell but the next 3 guys. Adams is a great punt returner but not a great receiver by any means. Gettis isn't even participating in minicamp and is a question mark as far as returning to form this season. Barnidge is also a big question mark. Besides Smith, LaFell and Olsen the remainder are huge question marks. Plaxico would be better than anyone else on the team.

You got Adams as not great? While I wouldn't put him as great from what I have heard he could be an outstanding slot receiver. Gettis was with a brace. Probably in the same boat as Davis. No need in hurrying him. Barnidge a big Question mark. Say who?

So you would risk letting Gettis and Barnidge and/or Adams go. To sign Burress?

NOT WISE

You got Adams as not great? While I wouldn't put him as great from what I have heard he could be an outstanding slot receiver. Gettis was with a brace. Probably in the same boat as Davis. No need in hurrying him. Barnidge a big Question mark. Say who?

So you would risk letting Gettis and Barnidge and/or Adams go. To sign Burress?

NOT WISE

Who said anything about letting them go??Adding one more veteran receiver to the mix before the season starts hardly would cause us getting rid of Gettis, Barnidge or Adams. And as I said in this thread already, I don't think we will sign Burress but I do think we will sign a veteran receiver before we are said and done. You appear to seriously over reacting here.

Adams was not a great receiver in college and was drafted more for his punt return abilities than his abilities to catch the ball. I doubt we would have drafted him if we just looking at the receiver side of things.

Gettis won't be the factor that people think he will be this year is my prediction. I hope I am wrong but I think it will take time for him to recover from the ACL particularly cutting and coming in and out of his breaks.

As for Barnidge I hope he is a beast and have been a fan of his for years but this yar is really his make it or break it year. He has the talent but nothing he has done inspires great confidence.

Unless a few guys really shine in training camp and step up in a big way, we still need some proven receiving weapons to take the pressure off Steve Smith who will still see too many double teams. I will be rooting for the above guys, but only an extreme optimist or a fool would not be at least a little concerned at this point.

this guys not a bad guy, hes a really good player, he plays hard, and he WANTS to come here.. the gun charge was BS.. but hey, its the law. 1 year deal for some good money.. and see what happens!! cant hurt. we got cap.. try him out.

ill get reemed for it, but i think we should of kept Nanee.. I think with some work he could of been a great receiver. every now and then you saw a glimpse of what could be.... then he dropped the ball :D lol

Unless a few guys really shine in training camp and step up in a big way, we still need some proven receiving weapons to take the pressure off Steve Smith who will still see too many double teams. I will be rooting for the above guys, but only an extreme optimist or a fool would not be at least a little concerned at this point.

Few around here seem to be able to look at our wr situation without the homer goggles on. I like the young guys we have, but that doesn't mean i'll bury my head in the sand and hope someone becomes the next steve smith.