• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:33 PM

A lot of praise for Newton, I hope his crystal ball is right.

http://www.cbssports...flacco-nfc-west

Sorry in a mobile phone.

#2 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

I heard this all before....don't set us up for failure...its so many thing that can happen before we look to the future lets be safe and take one step at a time...

#3 IplayedCam#1317

IplayedCam#1317

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

I know this I could've told you, but hey im streaming a game of me and Cam on Madden 13 stayed tuned!

#4 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,270 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

Holy crap, that is the most unreserved praise for Cam and the Panthers I've ever heard from the media.

He'll be getting some hate mail from the haters pronto.

#5 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

Not even going to read it, for I fear it will send my Panthers Homerism to an All Time High

#6 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,835 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

I am rolling with the Panthers as a 10-win type team and an outfit very much capable of derailing the playoff power structure.

#7 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,517 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:38 AM

it's not unreasonable. we have a franchise quarterback with the potential to be goat. there is no unrealistic possibility

#8 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

LOL did he just throw the word dynasty at the panthers?

#9 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,835 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:23 AM

LOL did he just throw the word dynasty at the panthers?

Yeah, what cha gonna do? Hmmm?

#10 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:44 AM

entirely possible.

can you think of any player in the history of football who has accomplished as much as newton has in his 1 year at blinn, 1 year at auburn and 1 year in the nfl? the pace this kid is on is unreal, and at every level he enters we see him make tremendous strides in different aspects of his game.

the issues will arise when we are perennial playoff contenders. then we find out if Newton is a Michael Jordan or a LeBron James (although he'll probably have his ring very soon).

#11 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

Yeah, what cha gonna do? Hmmm?

No, its just crazy, like saying Newton will be greatest rookie quarterback of all time at the 2011 NFL Draft.

Everyone here would loved it, but not one of us would have even came close to sticking our reputation to that prediction, much like saying we're going to be a Dynasty in 2012. Yeah, I want it to happen but like i said, it would be crazy, even for me, to say that without us at least winning a SB.

#12 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:46 AM

Here's the Cam Newton part:

Cam Newton: Icon
Cam Newton is a football god, and the Panthers are for real. Newton's meteoric rise was the most underreported phenomenon of the entire NFL in 2011. This cat runs like a receiver (or running back when required to run through someone), throws like John Elway, is built like a linebacker and is, pure and simple, one of the greatest athletes we have ever seen at any time playing any position. He also happens to play quarterback, the single most important position of any team sport in the history of modern athletics.

In the process of awakening the Panthers offense and beginning to reverse the fortunes of the franchise, Newton became the greatest scoring threat as a rusher we have ever seen under center, threw a ridiculous deep ball and revitalized Steve Smith's career, and all the while displayed unflappable confidence and maturity. Cam's transformational skills, and instant, well-ahead-of-schedule development into a complete quarterback are the qualities that have Panthers fans dreaming of dynasties.

Because he is that dominant, and the Panthers will have that kind of a franchise-changer on their books, for a fixed, cheap cost, for years to come, I don't fear to throw that 'dynasty' word around, despite how early in his career Newton is.

He will be a once-in-a-generation figure. He will change the way we think about what's possible from the quarterback position. Newton should be celebrated for what I promise you he'll become: a football savior. He will transcend this sport, and Carolina will learn from its youthful mistakes from 2011, when they easily could have won nine games or more. They gave away some games as kids then; that won't be the case much longer.

I am rolling with the Panthers as a 10-win type team and an outfit very much capable of derailing the playoff power structure.

#13 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:47 AM

How soon is too soon for a 15 year contract?

#14 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

Don't like to read this type of nut-hugging stuff from the media before the season starts, it usually ends up jinxing us....

#15 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,243 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

Well, the hype machine is in full swing. Let's hope we live up to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com