Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Wall Arrested

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It is very interesting for sure. All of the points are valid. My question is why hasn't State been talked about throughout this whole process then?

I know alot of these recruiting websites and blogs are just people bullsh*tting what they have heard from others, but no one is ever mentioning State as a major player in this recruitment.

We haven't been mentioned a whole lot because we aren't Duke or UNC and because we don't have a coach that lands just about whoever he wants like Kentucky.

But if you've followed Walls recruitment, we have always been on his list, the media outlets just seem to have ignored us because of those factors I just listed.

Posted · Report post

I hate to say it, but I have to agree with the State fans, as far as the seriousness of Wall's crime goes. Basically, all these kids did was to trespass on private property, since they didn't take or break anything. That's not exactly something to get bent out of shape over.

As for where he goes, I have pretty much lost interest in the speculation. Wake me up after he actually makes a choice.

Posted · Report post

As for the UK fans that think it won't affect Wall if Bledsoe goes there?? All I have to say is that Bledsoe wouldn't commit there if HE thought Wall was going there. Which means that if Bledsoe commits then that means he has heard from inside of UK that Wall is a longshot at best.

all valid except this... bledsoe has said that he thinks he and wall could not only play together, but be very successful...

i dont think wall feels the same way, but to say bledso wouldnt commit bc of wall is not true....

state is kind of my second team, got A LOT of friends who went there so i kind of adopted them as my local team, that and they have never done anything to make me hate them... so if wall ends up there (and we land bledsoe) ill be happy for you all... but if we get neither, and we are left again with a 2 guard trying to play point, ill be pissed...

Posted · Report post

As for the citation. It is the equvilant of a traffic ticket. It was stupid to be there, but it doesnt even make the news if it is 6 months ago. I think it will have no effect on the schools already recruiting him. This pales in comparison to what Ty did last year or what Aminu did last year or what JJ did when he left Duke a couple years ago.

I missed what happened to Reddick...was he one of the ones busted in the Police raids in the Mens bathroom stalls at the Rest Area's???

Posted · Report post

I think he will be a State lean if Bledsoe commits because of information I got about a week and a half ago. This is the same guy that told me Wall got arrested about an hour after it happened. I am not saying it to be a ridiculous fan or anything like that. It is known in Raleigh that his mom really favors NC State, both of his coaches gets along with Sid Lowe, and we have been involved with him the longest. After he cancelled his visit to Duke I didn't think it would bode well for Duke and I still don't.

Just curious man, but if you knew that happened to Wall an hour after it happened, then why did you not post anything about it until I brought it up yesterday? That story is over a week old, and just to think that the media didn't find out about it until yesterday, makes me question how much of the stuff you say is BS or not. I am just saying dude, because you talk like you are in-the-know about John Wall, but you really dont bring anything to the table except speculation, which in my opinion are just your own theories. I am really not trying to be a dick here but, I had to point that out.

Posted · Report post

Just curious man, but if you knew that happened to Wall an hour after it happened, then why did you not post anything about it until I brought it up yesterday? That story is over a week old, and just to think that the media didn't find out about it until yesterday, makes me question how much of the stuff you say is BS or not. I am just saying dude, because you talk like you are in-the-know about John Wall, but you really dont bring anything to the table except speculation, which in my opinion are just your own theories. I am really not trying to be a dick here but, I had to point that out.

I don't know unicar15 so I don't know if he actually has "sources close to John Wall" or not, but I'm assuming that if he actually does know someone then he probably feels that it isn't his place to be leaking any information at all about him.

Posted · Report post

ehh having a few inside sources myself sometimes you get information you really can't go around saying anything, especially when it involves legal matter.....Probably not a good idea by his source to tell him since it did have legal issues involved

Posted · Report post

Eric Bledsoe to Kentucky...done deal....I want to say that I don't believe Eric when he says he "wants to play with Wall", but several people are reporting this fact and also starting to say John Wall to Kentucky is pretty much close to being done as well.

http://www.zagsblog.com/

Why would he want to back up Wall for a year? Who knows, but Kentucky certainly looks to be stacked if all these plays out. Oh and that scholarship problem about being 2 over right now? Don't worry about that, that will work itself out and Patterson and Meeks will somehow find their way back to Lexington as well.

Posted · Report post

Eric Bledsoe to Kentucky...done deal....I want to say that I don't believe Eric when he says he "wants to play with Wall", but several people are reporting this fact and also starting to say John Wall to Kentucky is pretty much close to being done as well.

http://www.zagsblog.com/

Why would he want to back up Wall for a year? Who knows, but Kentucky certainly looks to be stacked if all these plays out. Oh and that scholarship problem about being 2 over right now? Don't worry about that, that will work itself out and Patterson and Meeks will somehow find their way back to Lexington as well.

They will give two people a scholarship through another sport for a year and it will be a done deal

Posted · Report post

ehh having a few inside sources myself sometimes you get information you really can't go around saying anything, especially when it involves legal matter.....Probably not a good idea by his source to tell him since it did have legal issues involved

Nail meet head...

I mean this is the most publicized recruitment in recent memory. The kid lives 15 minutes from where I live there is no way in hell I am going to say something that gets plastered all over the internet before he has a chance to defend himself. The kid is 19 and makes mistakes...this is a classic example.

Whoever wants to can question my knowledge on the situation but I'm not gonna come out and name a source. If I don't feel the situation calls for "internet message board" leaks then I'm definitely not gonna do it. Not to mention I have no reason to try and hurt this kid..he's a good kid that made a dumb decision.

Back to the Bledsoe thing...

As I said earlier...the last info that I got said that Wall was deciding between State and Kentucky. I have no more knowledge than that and obviously John is going to start wherever he goes no matter what Bledsoe does.

My theory was that Bledsoe jumped at UK because HE felt that John was backing off for some reason or another. I don't know the reason and don't claim to have any insight into this situation. That is just my theory. There is no way in my mind that Bledsoe WANTS John Wall to go to UK. They are going to have a ton of talent there and IMO if John goes to UK then Bledsoe plays 10 minutes a game max behind Meeks, Liggins, and Wall. You can't tell me a 5 star recruit with major offers to Memphis, Alabama, Cincinnati, and Florida would turn those schools down when he would start and play the majority of the minutes in order to backup another Freshmen.

Posted · Report post

I know Unicar, but doesnt it just have that feel to it, that Wall will still end up at Kentucky?

It really doesn't make much sense, given the fact that Bledsoe has come on so strong the last half a year and made a name for himself, to just go to Kentucky and sit behind Wall for a year(or maybe two, keep in mind Wall has said he might stay longer in college, which I don't buy though). Not to mention the fact Cal is obviously a great recruiter, he is going to bring in another top PG next year I would imagine and Bledsoe will have competition in that regard.

Still at the end of the day, I get the feeling that Wall ends up at Kentucky. This could be due to the fact that I have lost a bit of faith with recent recruits and Duke (Patterson, Boynton, etc.) although, Duke was late to this party and I think K probably did everything possible to make a run at Wall in limited time.

Posted · Report post

I know Unicar, but doesnt it just have that feel to it, that Wall will still end up at Kentucky?

It really doesn't make much sense, given the fact that Bledsoe has come on so strong the last half a year and made a name for himself, to just go to Kentucky and sit behind Wall for a year(or maybe two, keep in mind Wall has said he might stay longer in college, which I don't buy though). Not to mention the fact Cal is obviously a great recruiter, he is going to bring in another top PG next year I would imagine and Bledsoe will have competition in that regard.

Still at the end of the day, I get the feeling that Wall ends up at Kentucky. This could be due to the fact that I have lost a bit of faith with recent recruits and Duke (Patterson, Boynton, etc.) although, Duke was late to this party and I think K probably did everything possible to make a run at Wall in limited time.

I think Duke recruited Wall so that they could have their name stamped on him if Carolina ever came around to offering. As crazy as that sounds I really think it was more of territorial marking in both scenarios. Neither team wanted to deal with Walls baggage that he brings along and K NEVER recruits guys like John Wall even tho some of them would go to Duke in a heartbeat. Why Wall? Why now? He has a good enough team next year to beat UNC and win another ACC championship. I think that Wall realized that with Henderson leaving, Duke is not going to be a favorite for a title. Nothing against Duke but they would essentially be replacing Henderson with Wall. I think it was a mutual disinterest after the recruitment got going with Duke and Wall.

As far as him going to UK I would say I felt ALOT stronger about him going to UK a month ago than I do now. Its hard not to think that when all the talking heads are screaming Kentucky all day on their radio show. But you have to tune those guys out because they are obviously going to pick the place where his "favorite" coach was last...