Photo
- - - - -

John Wall Arrested

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#16 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

I mean...its a misdemeanor guys. Its essentially the same thing as when Al-Farouq Aminu shot a person with his BB gun. Its just not a big deal at all and none of the schools are going to back off..

#17 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:11 PM

I question his judgment and decision-making because of this. Both of which I think are pretty important for a PG. I won't be surprised if this transgression is overlooked by probably all of the schools, but I still don't like it

#18 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:09 AM

I mean...its a misdemeanor guys. Its essentially the same thing as when Al-Farouq Aminu shot a person with his BB gun. Its just not a big deal at all and none of the schools are going to back off..

so is a DUI and so is possession with the intent to sell like JamesOn Curry did, they are just different levels of extremes but no matter what it still goes on your record, and Colleges still judge you on it.....it's just bad judgment, you cannot say that something in anybody's head especially the #1 player in the country didn't say, "hey this might not be a good idea, I could get into trouble." He ignored that and did it anyways.

Edited by Tweeder, 05 May 2009 - 06:19 AM.

#19 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

I'm calmer than you are..

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:50 AM

the guy is a giant douche... i hope UK backs off, wouldnt be surprised if they didnt, and in the end wont hurt my feelings either way...

good news for us though is that eric bledsoe is apparently announcing his descision tomorrow and it looks good... i hope... he would be the true pg we need... would like to have the talent of wall... take that back... would love to have the talent of wall, but bledsoe has more of a chance of being a multi year player

#20 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,327 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:55 AM

Too much trouble around this kid. He is a great talent, but not worth the extra stuff. I can understand why State would want him so much...THey are shell shocked by UNC and its success and wants to be relevent again if only for a season.

So which Walmart did you buy your Nat Championship Shirt in?

#21 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:33 AM

the guy is a giant douche... i hope UK backs off, wouldnt be surprised if they didnt, and in the end wont hurt my feelings either way...

good news for us though is that eric bledsoe is apparently announcing his descision tomorrow and it looks good... i hope... he would be the true pg we need... would like to have the talent of wall... take that back... would love to have the talent of wall, but bledsoe has more of a chance of being a multi year player

I hope Bledsoe goes to UK because IMO it would almost be a lock for Wall to go to NCSU and I couldn't care less about a ridiculous misdemeanor.

#22 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:27 PM

I hope Bledsoe goes to UK because IMO it would almost be a lock for Wall to go to NCSU and I couldn't care less about a ridiculous misdemeanor.

You really think he is going to go to State if he doesn't go to UK? I know you are one of the few who have followed his recruitment on this board, so don't feel like I am attacking you, but I just don't see State being in the picture.

When he finally cuts his list to 2-4 schools i believe it will be between, Duke, Kentucky, Miami and then maybe Florida or State, but those are two long shots IMO.

As for Bledsoe, everyone I talk to and read from doesn't think him going to UK will make a difference either way for Wall.

As for the citation. It is the equvilant of a traffic ticket. It was stupid to be there, but it doesnt even make the news if it is 6 months ago. I think it will have no effect on the schools already recruiting him. This pales in comparison to what Ty did last year or what Aminu did last year or what JJ did when he left Duke a couple years ago.

#23 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:02 PM

You really think he is going to go to State if he doesn't go to UK? I know you are one of the few who have followed his recruitment on this board, so don't feel like I am attacking you, but I just don't see State being in the picture.

When he finally cuts his list to 2-4 schools i believe it will be between, Duke, Kentucky, Miami and then maybe Florida or State, but those are two long shots IMO.

As for Bledsoe, everyone I talk to and read from doesn't think him going to UK will make a difference either way for Wall.

As for the citation. It is the equvilant of a traffic ticket. It was stupid to be there, but it doesnt even make the news if it is 6 months ago. I think it will have no effect on the schools already recruiting him. This pales in comparison to what Ty did last year or what Aminu did last year or what JJ did when he left Duke a couple years ago.

I think he will be a State lean if Bledsoe commits because of information I got about a week and a half ago. This is the same guy that told me Wall got arrested about an hour after it happened. I am not saying it to be a ridiculous fan or anything like that. It is known in Raleigh that his mom really favors NC State, both of his coaches gets along with Sid Lowe, and we have been involved with him the longest. After he cancelled his visit to Duke I didn't think it would bode well for Duke and I still don't.

Florida is a very long shot and I don't see anyway that he goes to a UM team that would arguably be a worse team after losing Jack McClinton. He would be 12 hours from his mom and playing on a team that is less competitive than NC State..which makes zero sense.

As for the UK fans that think it won't affect Wall if Bledsoe goes there?? All I have to say is that Bledsoe wouldn't commit there if HE thought Wall was going there. Which means that if Bledsoe commits then that means he has heard from inside of UK that Wall is a longshot at best.

As I said..I thought all along if he didn't go to Baylor to follow Dwon Clifton then he would go to NC State. I don't think that his lifestyle fits with Duke, Kentucky is too far away from everything and if Bledsoe goes there then I don't think Wall does, and we have been recruiting him the longest.

Its just a hunch on my part but the guy that I talk to is relatively well connected and the fact that citation situation played out exactly as he said it would gives me confidence. So when he said that as of 2 weeks ago Wall was deciding between NC State and Kentucky I believe him...

But this kid also changes with the wind so anything is possible. JMO.

Edited by unicar15, 05 May 2009 - 02:06 PM.

#24 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:28 PM

It is very interesting for sure. All of the points are valid. My question is why hasn't State been talked about throughout this whole process then?

I know alot of these recruiting websites and blogs are just people bullsh*tting what they have heard from others, but no one is ever mentioning State as a major player in this recruitment.

#25 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:55 PM

It is very interesting for sure. All of the points are valid. My question is why hasn't State been talked about throughout this whole process then?

I know alot of these recruiting websites and blogs are just people bullsh*tting what they have heard from others, but no one is ever mentioning State as a major player in this recruitment.

We haven't been mentioned a whole lot because we aren't Duke or UNC and because we don't have a coach that lands just about whoever he wants like Kentucky.

But if you've followed Walls recruitment, we have always been on his list, the media outlets just seem to have ignored us because of those factors I just listed.

#26 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:22 PM

I hate to say it, but I have to agree with the State fans, as far as the seriousness of Wall's crime goes. Basically, all these kids did was to trespass on private property, since they didn't take or break anything. That's not exactly something to get bent out of shape over.

As for where he goes, I have pretty much lost interest in the speculation. Wake me up after he actually makes a choice.

#27 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

I'm calmer than you are..

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:46 PM

As for the UK fans that think it won't affect Wall if Bledsoe goes there?? All I have to say is that Bledsoe wouldn't commit there if HE thought Wall was going there. Which means that if Bledsoe commits then that means he has heard from inside of UK that Wall is a longshot at best.

all valid except this... bledsoe has said that he thinks he and wall could not only play together, but be very successful...

i dont think wall feels the same way, but to say bledso wouldnt commit bc of wall is not true....

state is kind of my second team, got A LOT of friends who went there so i kind of adopted them as my local team, that and they have never done anything to make me hate them... so if wall ends up there (and we land bledsoe) ill be happy for you all... but if we get neither, and we are left again with a 2 guard trying to play point, ill be pissed...

#28 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:23 PM

I missed what happened to Reddick...was he one of the ones busted in the Police raids in the Mens bathroom stalls at the Rest Area's???

#29 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:32 PM

I think he will be a State lean if Bledsoe commits because of information I got about a week and a half ago. This is the same guy that told me Wall got arrested about an hour after it happened. I am not saying it to be a ridiculous fan or anything like that. It is known in Raleigh that his mom really favors NC State, both of his coaches gets along with Sid Lowe, and we have been involved with him the longest. After he cancelled his visit to Duke I didn't think it would bode well for Duke and I still don't.

Just curious man, but if you knew that happened to Wall an hour after it happened, then why did you not post anything about it until I brought it up yesterday? That story is over a week old, and just to think that the media didn't find out about it until yesterday, makes me question how much of the stuff you say is BS or not. I am just saying dude, because you talk like you are in-the-know about John Wall, but you really dont bring anything to the table except speculation, which in my opinion are just your own theories. I am really not trying to be a dick here but, I had to point that out.

#30 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:59 PM

Just curious man, but if you knew that happened to Wall an hour after it happened, then why did you not post anything about it until I brought it up yesterday? That story is over a week old, and just to think that the media didn't find out about it until yesterday, makes me question how much of the stuff you say is BS or not. I am just saying dude, because you talk like you are in-the-know about John Wall, but you really dont bring anything to the table except speculation, which in my opinion are just your own theories. I am really not trying to be a dick here but, I had to point that out.

I don't know unicar15 so I don't know if he actually has "sources close to John Wall" or not, but I'm assuming that if he actually does know someone then he probably feels that it isn't his place to be leaking any information at all about him.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com