Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR a tight wad?

34 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Carolina has 4 out of the top 25 highest paid players on Forbes List.

5. Charles Johnson-

Total earnings: $34.4 million

Salary/winnings: $34.3 million

Endorsements: $100,000

18. Jon Beason-

Total earnings: $21.4 million

Salary/winnings: $21.3 million

21. Deangelo Williams-

Total earnings: $19.9 million

Salary/winnings: $19.8 million

Endorsements: $150,000

24. Ryan Kalil-

Total earnings: $19.4 million

Salary/winnings: $19.3 million

Looks to me this could be an issue at some point with some of the future starts we now have.

Here is the full list:http://www.nfl.com/p..._stream#photo=1

Posted · Report post

Not really, it's kind of a cycle that always plays itself out. Injuries, age, loyalty, etc., they all eventually come into play and the contracts never live up to the actual numbers.

Posted · Report post

As much as I like DeAngelo Williams, he didn't deserve that big contract he got...he's 29 and J-Stew will likely pass him as the #1 back this year.

It sucked seeing Beason get that contract and then go down with an injury but he was a top 5 LB before the injury and deserved it. CJ's skills don't line up to his paycheck but he could have gotten that amount of $$ somewhere else (like Atlanta) so JR had to pay him to get him to stay, and I see no problem with that because he's a solid player on a team that needs defensive studs. Kalil might be the best center in the league, and he's paid like it (highest paid center, right?)

Posted · Report post

CJs performance has been ok. I would say he's not athletically gifted like some of the premier DEs in the league but he had some crazy number like 8 sacks in the first 9 games. He just wore down with injuries, and to many snaps.

Posted · Report post

Unless you are JR and taking the money out of your own pocket, this list has little meaning.

These guys are on the list because they signed in 2011 and they are including their entire signing bonus in the calculations. None of them will be on the list in 2012.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

These guys are on the list because they signed in 2011 and they are including their entire signing bonus in the calculations. None of them will be on the list in 2012.

This. I don't know why this is so hard for people to grasp.

Posted · Report post

JR has never really been a tightwad, except for the one year when he was preparing for the lockout. And I don't blame him for that at all.

Posted · Report post

only people that thought JR was a tightwad simply don't follow the Panthers or have selective memory.

JR has NEVER been afraid to toss cash around. 1 year he made a calculated decision.....nothing more

Posted · Report post

He's a businessman. And a very successful one at that. Spend wisely, you'll do well. Spend recklessly, you'll be out of business. He's no dummy.

Posted · Report post

He's a businessman. And a very successful one at that. Spend wisely, you'll do well. Spend recklessly, you'll be out of business. He's no dummy.

Like the Yankees?

Posted · Report post

JR has never been a tightwad... 2010 went down exactly the way they planned it.

Posted · Report post

But he won't sign Plax!