30 replies to this topic

#1 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:38 AM

http://www.accsports...ngs-june-21.php

I think this is how it shapes up too, although you might want to flip flop FSU and unc. Both teams lost a tremendous amount of talent so it might be up to which player has the biggest year, Snaer or McAdoo.

#2 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,609 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

oh lord

#3 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

oh lord

Got to get some life back in here.

#4 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,609 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

I'm excited about the Pack this year. I just wish they wouldn't rank us or make predictions. I'm used to us falling short of expectations :)

#5 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

I'm excited about the Pack this year. I just wish they wouldn't rank us or make predictions. I'm used to us falling short of expectations :)

You should be excited, the only ? is how well the freshmen will mesh with the guys returning. I expect for Lo Brown and Leslie to have big years.

#6 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

I am excited about the addition of Sulaimon, he kind of flys under the radar but the kid can really play. He helped lead the USA U-18 team to the gold medal last night and averaged 9ppg. along the way. Alex Murphy should really help as well, he just left for a few weeks to go play for the U-20 Finnish national team which should give him some very good experience.

#7 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

Looks about right. I think UNC will be better than FSU though, but I can't argue at this point. Too many question marks on UNC's team to argue about anything. Biggest question mark of course is the PG position. While McAdoo needs to come up big for us I don't think he's the most important piece of the puzzle right now. Paige needs to come in and make an immediate impact. I like Strickland but he's an average PG. He's quick but doesn't have the court vision I like to see in PG's.

Realistically I expect UNC to finish anywhere from 3rd to 5th in the ACC. Any higher or lower and I will be surprised. It's going to be weird to see NC State actually have a shot at winning the ACC, but I think they could do it. To me it's a toss up between Duke and State...largely depending on State's incoming freshmen.

In any case I don't see anyone in the league good enough to to make the final four.

#8 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

Looks about right. I think UNC will be better than FSU though, but I can't argue at this point. Too many question marks on UNC's team to argue about anything. Biggest question mark of course is the PG position. While McAdoo needs to come up big for us I don't think he's the most important piece of the puzzle right now. Paige needs to come in and make an immediate impact. I like Strickland but he's an average PG. He's quick but doesn't have the court vision I like to see in PG's.

Realistically I expect UNC to finish anywhere from 3rd to 5th in the ACC. Any higher or lower and I will be surprised. It's going to be weird to see NC State actually have a shot at winning the ACC, but I think they could do it. To me it's a toss up between Duke and State...largely depending on State's incoming freshmen.

In any case I don't see anyone in the league good enough to to make the final four.

I agree with most of what you said, Paige will definitely need to make an impact immediately. I know he had an injury that might limit him this summer which could stunt his development a little.

I actually think Duke will be better this year, Rivers was a good player but he played out of control a lot and took some ill advised shots. He was also not very good defensively not to mention he seemed to have an attitude problem. Sulaimon should come in and pick up some of the points that Rivers took with him. We also actually have wing players this year in Murphy and Jefferson so coach K mentioned yesterday that we will play "bigger" next year which means less 3 guard lineups. I also expect Cook to be much improved since he is fully healthy and has the whole summer to work with the team. Curry, Kelly, and Plumlee are all seniors so it's usually not a bad thing when you have 3 starters who are seniors. Coach K also said that they are going to red-shirt Dawkins this year.

FWIW: The NC Pro-am starts June 28th and runs through all of July if you guys want to catch some Duke, unc, or Nc State guys in action. It's a lot of fun and is the first time we get to see the "new" guys.

#9 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

Good point about the seniors...didn't realize you had 3 seniors starting next year. Edge would have to go back to you guys then.

#10 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

If STATE can stay healthy we will be a legit contender this year.

#11 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

Duke's Alex Murphy made his U20 debut for Finland. His stats: 36 pts, 9 rebs, 2 blks, 2 stls, 1 ast in 28 mins.

#12 Guest_herpes_*

Guest_herpes_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

Unless McAdoo plays at his full potential & contends for NPOY North Carolina will struggle. They just lost too much.

#13 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:53 AM

Duke is getting Miss St. transfer Rodney Hood!

http://espn.go.com/m...uke-blue-devils

He won't be able to play until the 2013-14 season but will help out tremendously in practice. He is supposed to arrive on campus Wednesday so I would assume we should be able to see him in action at the NC Pro-am.

#14 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

Duke is getting Miss St. transfer Rodney Hood!

http://espn.go.com/m...uke-blue-devils

He won't be able to play until the 2013-14 season but will help out tremendously in practice. He is supposed to arrive on campus Wednesday so I would assume we should be able to see him in action at the NC Pro-am.

Loaded! He's a 6-8 G/F who avg. almost 11 pts a game as a freshman. Great pickup.

#15 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

Loaded! He's a 6-8 G/F who avg. almost 11 pts a game as a freshman. Great pickup.

Yeah, because I'm sure you know a whole lot about a player from Miss. State.

The guy's name could of been Haywood Jablowme and you'd be screaming about how good of a pick up he was.

Duke fans on here are a joke. They live be the copy & paste from google.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.