Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matthias

Confederate Flag- Why do people fly it today?

332 posts in this topic

That sounds so much like the Declaration of Independence it isn't even funny.

I'm pretty sure bigots were well-represented in Congress.

There was bigotry on both sides North and South. Racism is not just a Southern issue. Freeing the African slave was not the North's reason for waging war against defenseless women and children in the South!

“If I thought this war would free the ***** I would put my sword in its scabbard and go home.” General Ulysses Grant

Sorry all your great grandpappys were defeated and black people were set free.

lol doesn't that quote from Grant kind of prove my point? So if he knew the slaves were going to be freed he would have went home. Yep, doesn't seem to be an issue.

That sounds so much like the Declaration of Independence it isn't even funny.

It is very similar! You would have to read a little history to see the similarities.The British were offering freedom to slaves who would revolt. Gen. Washington did not like that idea at all. Read the Halifax Resolves!

The Northern warmongers were inciting slaves to rise up and kill their masters in their sleep

Sorry all your great grandpappys were defeated and black people were set free.

They would have been freed without the war of Northern aggression. Lincoln's war proved powerful people can circumvent the constitution and fundamentally change America and cause generations of hatred and distrust.

You mean the war of southern bigotry/idiocy?

You mean the war of southern bigotry/idiocy?

You can believe whatever you want.History speaks for itself.

1 person likes this

As the confederate flag is the military standard of a traitorous, treasonous army against the United States, people who fly it should be arrested and executed for treason. It would be like flying an Al-Quaeda flag.

As the confederate flag is the military standard of a traitorous, treasonous army against the United States, people who fly it should be arrested and executed for treason. It would be like flying an Al-Quaeda flag.

So much for the first Amendment.

Im going to burn a confederate flag while playing Proud to be an American in the background.