Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doyle

Tomorrow marks 365 days of unemployment

Doyle    4,164

...And I just landed my dream job. I held out for the right job and the gamble (not Chris) paid off. I even negotiated more money. Not sure wether to laugh or cry. I'm emotionally drained.

:D :cam: :)

• Pie 1

Doyle    4,164

Now if the Panthers would just win the Superbowl my life would be perfect.

panther4life    2,360

...And I just landed my dream job. I held out for the right job and the gamble (not Chris) paid off. I even negotiated more money. Not sure wether to laugh or cry. I'm emotially drained.

Congrats! What's your dream job?

• Pie 1

Doyle    4,164

Congrats! What's your dream job?

I'm going into the recyling industry.

Doyle    4,164

Congratulations! I'm pulling the waiting game right now as well. You've given me hope!

I know it sucks but you will find your calling. If the job doesn't feel right don't take it. Good luck!

• Pie 1

charlotte49er    100

365 days? Was that all unemployment?

I was on unemployment back in 2003 and it only lasted 6 months tops. (Thank God by the end of 6 months I has making money.)

Congrats! It's nice to be back working, I bet.

MadHatter    9,501

...And I just landed my dream job. I held out for the right job and the gamble (not Chris) paid off. I even negotiated more money. Not sure wether to laugh or cry. I'm emotially drained.

Congrats on the job.

But, the second half of your comment is a testament to what is wrong with our social programs. Rather than work, you took unemployment to hold out for your dream job.

Would it not have been better to take a job and then keep looking and interviewing for your dream job?

CatofWar    1,063

Way to go dude. I was unemployed a little over a year. It sucked ass. Glad to hear it worked out for you.

CatofWar    1,063

Congrats on the job.

But, the second half of your comment is a testament to what is wrong with our social programs. Rather than work, you took unemployment to hold out for your dream job.

Would it not have been better to take a job and then keep looking and interviewing for your dream job?

Yeah god forbid you take from the government that all they do is take take take