Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doyle

Tomorrow marks 365 days of unemployment

25 posts in this topic

Congrats man.

1 person likes this

365 days? Was that all unemployment?

I was on unemployment back in 2003 and it only lasted 6 months tops. (Thank God by the end of 6 months I has making money.)

Congrats! It's nice to be back working, I bet.

...And I just landed my dream job. I held out for the right job and the gamble (not Chris) paid off. I even negotiated more money. Not sure wether to laugh or cry. I'm emotially drained.

:D :cam: :)

Congrats on the job.

But, the second half of your comment is a testament to what is wrong with our social programs. Rather than work, you took unemployment to hold out for your dream job.

Would it not have been better to take a job and then keep looking and interviewing for your dream job?

Way to go dude. I was unemployed a little over a year. It sucked ass. Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Congrats on the job.

But, the second half of your comment is a testament to what is wrong with our social programs. Rather than work, you took unemployment to hold out for your dream job.

Would it not have been better to take a job and then keep looking and interviewing for your dream job?

Yeah god forbid you take from the government that all they do is take take take

Congrats on the job.

This job took me 5 interviews to get. I'm sure an employer might not be thrilled about letting someone off 5 times to go on interviews for another company.

Congratulations, now all you have to do is keep it

This job took me 5 interviews to get. I'm sure an employer might not be thrilled about letting someone off 5 times to go on interviews for another company.

Valid point.

There is no excuse or reason for an able bodied person to be unemployed for that long. People are lazy. You aren't too good to work a low income job, less desirable job.

Congratulations BB, I did something similar when I was unemployed 12 or so years ago. Worked out great for both me and the government. :)