Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,746 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

Congrats on the job.

But, the second half of your comment is a testament to what is wrong with our social programs. Rather than work, you took unemployment to hold out for your dream job.

Would it not have been better to take a job and then keep looking and interviewing for your dream job?

This job took me 5 interviews to get. I'm sure an employer might not be thrilled about letting someone off 5 times to go on interviews for another company.

#17 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

Congratulations, now all you have to do is keep it

#18 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,103 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

This job took me 5 interviews to get. I'm sure an employer might not be thrilled about letting someone off 5 times to go on interviews for another company.

Valid point.

#19 B.B.S

B.B.S

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

There is no excuse or reason for an able bodied person to be unemployed for that long. People are lazy. You aren't too good to work a low income job, less desirable job.

#20 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

Congratulations BB, I did something similar when I was unemployed 12 or so years ago. Worked out great for both me and the government. :)

#21 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,476 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

There is just no way that I could be unemployed that long. Longest time for me since I turned 14...about 6 days.

Tables need to be waited, movie tickets need to be torn, yards need to be raked, homes need to be painted....etc.

Congrats.

#22 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

Unemployment is a 2 sided sword. Was on it for 9 months from late 2009 to june 2010.
Problem is if you top out you get 500 a week. So why would you take a job making less than? I didn't even look for jobs lesss
Than that.

#23 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,746 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

Unemployment is a 2 sided sword. Was on it for 9 months from late 2009 to june 2010.
Problem is if you top out you get 500 a week. So why would you take a job making less than? I didn't even look for jobs lesss
Than that.

I actually did look for jobs that paid less than unemployment at one point. I was going stir crazy. I saw on a labor finders job where they were hiring for a 3rd shift position loading boxes on to trucks. I thought why not. I'm in good shape and I'm way over qualified for the job. They will hire me in a second! Well I went and filled out the application and they didn't even call me into the office for an interview. A lady came back with my paperwork and said I'm sorry sir but we are looking for someone with warehouse experience. That was the lowest point of my unemployment.

#24 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

Congrats man! Unemployed is tough. Its such a huge release when you finally get that right job.

#25 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

I was unemployment for 8 months before and its tough really tough the unemployment system is terrible here in NC never ever get that debit card they send you also go for direct deposit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.