Photo
- - - - -

Tomorrow marks 365 days of unemployment

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#21 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

There is just no way that I could be unemployed that long. Longest time for me since I turned 14...about 6 days.

Tables need to be waited, movie tickets need to be torn, yards need to be raked, homes need to be painted....etc.

Congrats.

#22 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

Unemployment is a 2 sided sword. Was on it for 9 months from late 2009 to june 2010.
Problem is if you top out you get 500 a week. So why would you take a job making less than? I didn't even look for jobs lesss
Than that.

#23 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

Unemployment is a 2 sided sword. Was on it for 9 months from late 2009 to june 2010.
Problem is if you top out you get 500 a week. So why would you take a job making less than? I didn't even look for jobs lesss
Than that.

I actually did look for jobs that paid less than unemployment at one point. I was going stir crazy. I saw on a labor finders job where they were hiring for a 3rd shift position loading boxes on to trucks. I thought why not. I'm in good shape and I'm way over qualified for the job. They will hire me in a second! Well I went and filled out the application and they didn't even call me into the office for an interview. A lady came back with my paperwork and said I'm sorry sir but we are looking for someone with warehouse experience. That was the lowest point of my unemployment.

#24 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

Congrats man! Unemployed is tough. Its such a huge release when you finally get that right job.

#25 Guest_Irv_*

Guest_Irv_*
Guests

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

I was unemployment for 8 months before and its tough really tough the unemployment system is terrible here in NC never ever get that debit card they send you also go for direct deposit