50 replies to this topic

#16 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,522 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

Get ready for mediocrity at the center position. Jokinen and Skinner aren't the answer there.

#17 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

If Sutter becomes the player he could potentially be, then yes, Pittsburgh wins the deal. Clearly a "win-now" move by Rutherford after years of being on the fringe of the 8th playoff spot. Certainly puts the Canes in the drivers seat to challenge the Caps for the Southeast.

My only criticism is it takes us out of the Parise sweepstakes (assuming Jordan signs an extension.) You could tell when Pitt GM went to the podium that he did not want to give up Jordan, but his hands were tied.

#18 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,522 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

Sacrificing the team so that 2 brothers can be together. F**k JR. I feel like Im going to vomit this trade makes me so sick. Im sick and tired of this team being mediocre when they can be so much better. What's next? Trading Faulk and Skinner so that Marc can join his brothers? This team will never get out of the gutter as long as JR is here. He has gotten worse since our Stanley Cup win.

#19 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,452 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

We really need to take a look at Jiri Hudler, Ryan Suter, Zach Parise, P.A. Parenteau, Alexander Semin, Dennis Wideman, Kyle Wellwood, Steve Downie, Ryan O'Reilly, Jamie Benn, Sam Gagner, Kris Versteeg, Sergei Kostitsyn, Shea Weber, Micahel Del Zotto, Nick Foligno, Jakub Voracek, T.J. Oshie, David Perron, or Evander Kane

If we can at least get two or three of these guys we will be a hell of a team.

#20 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,522 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

Im not even going to let myself become excited at the possibility of this team making a move that makes sense anymore.

#21 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,452 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

Lol, I don't think it's as bad as you think.

Bob Mack said that he expects J. Staal to be an 80 point guy next year since he will finally be playing on the first line with Eric.

#22 Panther_mountain

Panther_mountain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

I didnt want this trade anymore once fors fell to 8. I could stand it if it was 8 and dumo(our 2nd best d prospect) but losing sutter makes this deal stink. It's not like staal was a rfa next yr, he was UFA who supposedly wanted mot come here. Gave up too much.

#23 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,522 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Lol, I don't think it's as bad as you think.

Bob Mack said that he expects J. Staal to be an 80 point guy next year since he will finally be playing on the first line with Eric.

So what about everything else after the 1st line?

#24 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Sacrificing the team so that 2 brothers can be together. F**k JR. I feel like Im going to vomit this trade makes me so sick. Im sick and tired of this team being mediocre when they can be so much better. What's next? Trading Faulk and Skinner so that Marc can join his brothers? This team will never get out of the gutter as long as JR is here. He has gotten worse since our Stanley Cup win.

Have you ever said anything positive about management or this team in general? You want him to make a move so we're no longer mediocre, so once he makes a "win now" move, you complain!

For crying out loud, it's Brandon Sutter, not Wayne Gretzky. And it's June...

#25 Panther_mountain

Panther_mountain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

They obviously expect Rask to make the team. Next to Murphy, he is our top prospect.

#26 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,522 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

Have you ever said anything positive about management or this team in general? You want him to make a move so we're no longer mediocre, so once he makes a "win now" move, you complain!

For crying out loud, it's Brandon Sutter, not Wayne Gretzky. And it's June...

You must not have been looking at my posts. I haven't seen you aroudn here that much. Anyone can pull generalizations of any poster out of their ass...

I only mentioned I would've loved to have Zach Parise here. I haven't continually partaken in these dream moves consistantly on here, so good job at fabricating an arguement so that you have something to say.

While I wanted JR to make a move, I didn't want it to be a horrendous move. This trade did not improve the team, so I don't see how it's a "win now" move. JR just couldn't help himself to the thought of 2 Staal brothers playing together.

Past our 1st line the team is now good to mediocre when it could've been much better. Could still be better if we put Jordan at 2nd line center, but nope we gotta keep the family together and happy.

#27 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,452 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

So what about everything else after the 1st line?

Free agency would be the most logical guess.

We still have some capable scorers in Jokinen, Skinner, Tlusty, Ruutu, and LaRose.

We gained some offensive and lost some defensive in the trade, that's it.

#28 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

You must not have been looking at my posts. I haven't seen you aroudn here that much. Anyone can pull generalizations of any poster out of their ass...

I only mentioned I would've loved to have Zach Parise here. I haven't continually partaken in these dream moves consistantly on here, so good job at fabricating an arguement so that you have something to say.

While I wanted JR to make a move, I didn't want it to be a horrendous move. This trade did not improve the team, so I don't see how it's a "win now" move. JR just couldn't help himself to the thought of 2 Staal brothers playing together.

Past our 1st line the team is now good to mediocre when it could've been much better. Could still be better if we put Jordan at 2nd line center, but nope we gotta keep the family together and happy.

They traded a 2nd/3rd line player for a top line player. True, he could continue to build through the draft and attempt to make a run at Parise, but a top-line talent was available and he went for it.

There is still money out there to improve the depth, and you never want to use a promising youngster like Sutter, but it's a bit early to be calling this trade and this team "mediocre."

After so much upheaval with coaching staffs, etc. JR is putting some pieces together for long-term. I'm very optimistic.

#29 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,452 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

Sign P.A. Parenteau and Dennis Wideman and we are getting somewhere

Tlusty- E. Staal - P.A. Parenteau
Skinner - J. Staal - Jokinen
LaRose - Welsh - Ruutu
Dwyer - Brent - Nodl
Bowman
Stewart

Pitkanen - McBain
Faulk - Gleason
Wideman - Harrison
Murphy

Ward
Boucher

Also in the mix...

Joslin, Sanguinetti, Nash, Boychuk, Dalpe, Brett Sutter, Blanchard, Rask and Samson.

#30 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,192 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

I think it's awesome that he is coming here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com