Photo
- - - - -

How many Super Bowls do YOU think Cam will win?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

I've wanted to start this topic for some time, but after reading the NFL.com article which believes we're "next up" of the 14 franchises to win their first Super Bowl, the Cbssports article that mentions the words "dynasty" and "football god" when describing our team and quarterback, and considering we're at the height of the summer doldrums, I figured there was no better time than now.

Honestly? I say five. Cameron Jerrell Newton was born on May 11, 1989, and I don't believe it's any stretch to say he'll play 15 more years, with the outside chance he plays at age 38, 39, or 40+ to give him an additional year or more (years I'm not even including). Even if he only plays 15 years, I believe it is extremely probable to think he'll average one Super Bowl title every three years. I believe everyone can see he has the potential to be the greatest of all time (with all due respect to the greatest of all time), and therefore I do believe he will have more than Joe Montana. I have him one short of the six that Michael Jordan has in basketball, due to the obvious differences in football and basketball. Although, Jordan himself could have had an additional title or two had he not taken his baseball hiatus.

Clearly, we are GOING to be in the mix over the next 15 years, and I want to win every year, but due to injuries, personnel, breaks, etc., I believe it breaks down as follows-(we win one in the next four years (with Smitty!) when Cam is 23-26,, we win three in the six year span when Cam is 27-32, and we win one more in the five year span when Cam is 33-37. JMO.

Fun to think about if nothing else. Honest thoughts?

#2 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

o

#3 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,754 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

The panthers? or just cam? Hell peyton only got 1 and he is considered by most to be top 5 of all time...

#4 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,481 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

At least 2.

#5 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

5 and that will be just one of many records he breaks.

#6 Ccat

Ccat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

2-3

#7 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,048 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

15. Prepare to be the hated team in sports.

#8 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

15 years for a QB that puts himself in danger almost every game??? No way, man. He will bring the ring to CLT, but how many times depends upon his ability to pass and slide.

#9 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,688 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

all of the superbowls

#10 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,168 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

1, you silly homers.

5... lol.

#11 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,048 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

15 years for a QB that puts himself in danger almost every game???  No way, man. He will bring the ring to CLT, but how many times depends upon his ability to pass and slide.

How many hard hits did Cam take the entire season? I can count maybe six off the top of my head. The kid has sliding down to an art.

#12 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

I think we all just learned a valuable lesson through LeBron James' boneheaded promise for not1...not 2... Etc

Let's just get that first one and see what happens afterwards.

#13 Falcon2k12

Falcon2k12

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

Realistically one maybe two.

#14 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

The panthers? or just cam? Hell peyton only got 1 and he is considered by most to be top 5 of all time...

Love Peyton, and that's a fact, but Tennessee won the national title the year after he left. Auburn lost five the year before and the year after Cam, after not winning a national title since 1957. Cam can also do things on a football field no Manning could do in their dreams. Peyton could have/would have/should have won more than one as well. Those that say Cam will only win one sound sillier than those that say five. Our man is going to transcend football folks.

#15 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,397 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

1-2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.