Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B.B.S

Why do you believe in God?

113 posts in this topic

Time spent on things that don't seem to exist seems rather delusional. I'm sure serial killers can attest to this.

Why would you compare religious people to serial killers? That's not very polite. :(

I'm not actually. Comparing the endless threads on those that don't believe etc yet spend so much time on the topic of God/religion. Its kinda embarrassing.

Yeah I can't believe people debate this stuff on message boards.

It's almost as embarrassing as people who aren't in the NFL but still debate Panthers football. Embarrassing.

You cant be an atheist without considering the possibility of a god

Yeah I can't believe people debate this stuff on message boards.

Anonymously on an online interface seems like a popular route of communication these days....just throwing it out there ;)

Its like throwing sh*t at a wall...some will get all riled up if they enjoy discussing the subject regardless of their beliefs

ahhhhhhhhh my b

i like to believe that something is waiting in the afterlife for people like casey anthony or sandusky. or a ken lay who steals millions of elderlys life savings. i guess I like to know that thier are consequences to our actions. even if no one catches us, or pardons our actions. You can run but you can't hide type of situation.

i like to believe that something is waiting in the afterlife for people like Casey Anthony or Sandusky. or a ken lay who steals millions of elderly life savings. i guess I like to know that their are consequences to our actions. even if no one catches us, or pardons our actions. You can run but you can't hide type of situation.

Me too. That would be great, because there are a lot of people just like the ones you listed that are never caught. An all knowing, all seeing, all powerful god could punish those people for eternity. But you know what? Based on what I've been told these slime balls can ask for God's forgiveness and he'll wipe their slate of evil deeds clean, all transgressions are forgiven. Meanwhile someone can do a lifetime of good serving others and go to hell because they choose not to believe in God or Christ. This was one of the first indicators to me that religion was based on the teachings of men not god, fear not love.

God could do a big favor for all victims throughout the ages by appearing before mankind occasionally to remind everyone there are eternal consequences for being inhumane towards one another. But he won't, because the god we are taught about in Sunday School doesn't exist. That or he works in mysterious ways. :wacko:

137694287_250x250_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg

342783361_250x250_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg

my biggest point of contention with the concept of the personal deity of the christian god is this idea that you've got a just being who declines the prayers for help from millions of fervent, pure-hearted believers in africa and asia and lets them starve/get shot/die of aids, but if you pray for help on your math test you'll get it (or if you're a certain terrible NFL quarterback, he'll tip games in your favor as long as you slide to one knee in front of the world.)

i'm still attempting to figure this one out. current theological answers haven't satisfied me.

The entire concept makes no sense.

I'd hope something as vitally important as eternal salvation wouldn't be so arbitrarily determined as to where you're born.