#18 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

I don't "believe", I know there's a God. I've seen too many things that are unexplainable by science. I've witnessed miracles and have no doubt, none at all that there's a God. Beyond that, I think Christianity is the "correct" religion.

#19 Coheed

Coheed

Loves Jon Beason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:19 AM

I don't "believe", I know there's a God. I've seen too many things that are unexplainable by science. I've witnessed miracles and have no doubt, none at all that there's a God. Beyond that, I think Christianity is the "correct" religion.

Why is Christianity the "correct" religion?

#20 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,892 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

Because i love virgins.

#21 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,532 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

So you don't even need faith you just know.

Out of curiosity how do you know it's not invisible fairies or wizards or some other invisible unknown creature making those miracles happen? How do you know it's an almighty god? I'm not trying to be rude I just don't get how you can know what is making those miracles happen.

With regards to what you're saying I think you can claim to know that miracles happen because you've seen them. In regards to what/who causes those miracles you are making an assumption and practicing faith. You are choosing to believe it's a God (specifically Jesus Christ).

#22 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

I hate religion, mainly christianity because that is what people around here try to shove into your face each and every day. It is like some guys got together and said how can we scam people out of money, yes lets invent a disease called sin and the only way to cure it is to do what our book says.

#23 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

The perks- free wine and crackers, church cuties, sense of moral superiority

+1. I found out from the first Catholic wedding I had to attend, that the Eucharist was (pun intended) a God-send for those of us having to sit through 3 hours of "When the fug is this going to end". I would drink as much of the wine as I could before the chalice was pulled away from me. Then I went to the back of the line and did it again.

Now I just bring flasks. Flasks plural.

#24 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

I think that there is a reason why the universe exists that is not due to pure randomness. Other than that, I cant study anything that cannot be proven.

#25 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

Working as a Paramedic I witnessed things that don't make sense any other way. Perhaps for me it is deeper than just faith, I believe I do know there's a God and that Jesus was his Son on Earth. I do believe that the only way to Heaven is thru Jesus and God.

As for my belief that Christianity is the one "correct" religion I've done a lot of homework, per se, and have come to that conclussion. If you can, check out the movie A Case for Christ, it's very revealing IMO, then read Heaven is for Real.

You're welcome to your own opinion and I'm not one to try to force my beliefs on others, but personal experience has left me with a clear and unwavering belief in Jesus.

#26 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,335 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

#27 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,798 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

I'm torn on religion I have faith in God but the older I get the more I question religion and according to my GF I will burn in hell if I don't stop questioning God.

#28 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,798 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

doesn't seem fair to me that I cant ask a few questions w/o being damned for eternity....

#29 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

doesn't seem fair to me that I cant ask a few questions w/o being damned for eternity....

And that's exactly how you know it's bullcrap. There would be no problem with questions if people were comfortable with the answers.

#30 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,775 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:33 AM

i am a theist

the number one thing (right now) that bugs me about christians is this idiotic fear of science, propping it up as some sort of bogeyman antithetical to theism. there are plenty of legitimate synthesis between faith and science, but sadly it seems the establishment would prefer to divide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com