• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#91 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,337 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

I don't have to be tolerant of people claiming that magic is science the same way I don't have to be tolerant of people that are 40 and still believe in the tooth fairy.

You are free to believe that aliens seeded the planet but unless you have some actual science to work with don't whine to me how your idea is not taught in science class.

#92 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,914 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

I don't have to be tolerant of people claiming that magic is science the same way I don't have to be tolerant of people that are 40 and still believe in the tooth fairy.

You are free to believe that aliens seeded the planet but unless you have some actual science to work with don't whine to me how your idea is not taught in science class.

And you're free to believe that a bunch of gasses blowing up can create complex life forms and finding a bunch of bones in the sand conclusively proves there's no God,

Ain't freedom grand? :D

#93 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,337 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

Why do you think that unless you believe in creationism, you don't believe in God? I have plenty of friends that think this way.

#94 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,337 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

If you think that evolution consists solely of athiests digging up bones to prove a point, I am thinking that you may have gone to a school where creationism was a big deal in science class.

#95 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,337 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

Whats even better is when gay marriage is the topic, the reason it's OK to hate it and not the other things in Leviticus is that the Old Testament is not relevant since Jesus came, but somehow the Creation story, which makes Leviticus look like a pretty reasonable explanation of how things should be in comparison, is still a lynchpin of the Christian faith.

#96 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,914 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

Why do you think that unless you believe in creationism, you don't believe in God? I have plenty of friends that think this way.

I don't honestly care what you believe.

I'm bored with the whole discussion, honestly. But feel free to make a dozen more angry posts if it makes you feel better. I got better things to do (stuff I should have been doing for the last few hours instead of posting here) :(

Bottom line for me: Denying that alternate theories exist and saying that "it's not science unless you interpret it the way we say to interpret it" is a mark of intellectual cowardice.

#97 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

All I read here is that if you believe in creationism, you can't be a scientist.

#98 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,337 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Almost 200 years of scientific research, coupled with actual proof that evolution is an ongoing and verifiable process is "intellectual cowardice", yet quoting from a book and saying "thats the way it is" is not. Brilliant.

The world can actually point to this specific thread and see why the US is getting dumber and dumber every year.

#99 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,337 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

All I read here is that if you believe in creationism, you can't be a scientist.

You are not known for actually comprehending what you read around here.

#100 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,337 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

Oh and Mister Scot, just read the lengthy article I posted. I'm pretty sure the guy in there is not denying that creationism exists. I know it exists as well. It's just stupid and inane and devoid of ANY SCIENTIFIC work whatsoever.

#101 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,374 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

I don't honestly care what you believe.

I'm bored with the whole discussion, honestly. But feel free to make a dozen more angry posts if it makes you feel better. I got better things to do (stuff I should have been doing for the last few hours instead of posting here) :(

Bottom line for me: Denying that alternate theories exist and saying that "it's not science unless you interpret it the way we say to interpret it" is a mark of intellectual cowardice.

I have a lot of respect for you on here Mr Scot... you're a class guy and always have been. I just don't agree with you on this.

I don't think that anyone has said what you're accusing them of and if they were, I would agree with you. CWG got carried away above, but that's pretty normal...

I'm not afraid of any ideas... and I didn't get that from anyone else that posted here. I'm just saying that there is a difference between a theory that is borne out by evidence and one that is a religious or philosophical belief .and they should be differentiated between in an educational setting.

#102 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,748 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

Google Search: Evidence for Creationism

That's about as much effort as I feel like putting into it at the moment.

You didn't need to do that much work! Just refer to the first post in this thread. The Loch Ness Monster is more than enough evidence.

#103 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,748 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

It's as simple as the reason why they don't teach Math in English class, or economics in chemistry. That's what most people are trying to explain.

#104 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

It's as simple as the reason why they don't teach Math in English class, or economics in chemistry. That's what most people are trying to explain.

You do have semblences of math in english classes to teach some basic grammar rules...and you do have basic economics in chemistry..as in to balance equations. To say we can't bridge critical thought across multiple curricula is ignorant and short-sighted.

#105 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

do I believe in God? yes
should creationalism be taught in school? no
leave the science to schools and dogma to church.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com