• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

Sorry to bring it up, but this Bounty case is almost over and if anything can be said I have one small plea. Dont give in, Commish. Dont reduce anything, dont second guess anything. No respect to the rules, the investigation, nor the rulings . . . no reduction in the appeal.

For every prick that has tried to cheat the system at the expense of someone else's health, let them know this is what happens when you get busted in the face. For every rule in this game that was created for the right reason, dont bend on this one, Commish, make it count.

#2 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,054 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

He won't change the rulings.

#3 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

eh.....rivalries aside it looks like Goodell was over zealous on this one

just my opinion

#4 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

^^ same

#5 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

eh.....rivalries aside it looks like Goodell was over zealous on this one

just my opinion

not when it comes to doling out for the whole team. I say a few guys took the punch for everyone and not so much, eh too hard on just these guys.

#6 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,682 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

Obvious troll is obvious. That said, the punishment doled out wasn't hard enough. Should have suspended their entire starting D# and Brees for at least 4 games. Why? Cause I hate them.

#7 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

If we are basing this on what has been released to the general public, yeah. The odds are strong that Goodell is protecting his constituency by not releasing the more damning evidence.

#8 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,557 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

I'm not getting caught up in whether the commish built up a good enough legal case or not. The bottom line is the Saints** were guilty and deserve to be punished. I really don't care if the evidence is concrete. It's like when your parents know you skipped school, they don't need DNA evidence, your ass is grounded.

#9 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,167 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

When it comes to the Saints*, goodell can not punish them enough.

That's just my opinion. If anyone wants to take pity on that classless team, hey whatever works for you.

#10 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,565 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

I thought the punishments fit the crime, my one complaint is that not enough defensive players were suspended, ie Harper.

#11 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

Harper knocks people out for free

#12 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,386 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

I seriously doubt he changes anything.

And no, I don't think he should.

#13 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

I don't hate what they have been punished for but it honestly could not happen to a better team at a better time for the Panthers. If I really thought they were treated unfairly I would be worried. I would think it could unify them. But this is a clear case of loudmouth noobs to success not knowing how to conduct themselves properly and a whiny leadership worried about public opinion of him and his contract throughout..

No. The aints deserved all this and more just for being the dumb asses they are and thinking they are untouchable. The liklihood is more that the individual parts will splinter into several factions of disgruntled, oppressed, and butt-hurt caricatures of their former selves more so than they will unify. A big head is what got them here and from all accounts they have yet to own up to anything so those heads are likely bigger (and dumber) and nowhere near the humility level they need to be at to unify and rise against.

You can be humble and let a chip on your shoulder fuel you into some pretty awesome things but these guys are showboats and crybabies and carrying a chip is only gonna make it worse for them.

Its about the funniest thing I can imagine to happen to a rival.

#14 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

Ehhhh... although most of this has been pinned on Gregg Williams, he does deserve most of the blame. Williams installed this bounty system in every team he had been on, I honestly think he should serve jail time. Hell before this whole bounty thing came into the light I really thought he should have been put behind bars, you could tell the guy was promoting this sort of intentional injury behavior.

Now with everyone else, I think Payton just sorta let Gregg do his own thing, didn't put a stop to it as long as it produced. I think the defensive players who got suspended are sort of like Nuremburg trials. Yes they were under orders and slightly brainwashed, but what they did was a "crime against humanity". Theres a point where a good human's instinct will kick in and just not allow them to do certain obscenities.

I'm not entirely sure what the defensive player's cases are against Goodell. Williams, Payton and Vitt all pretty much admitted it happened and accepted their punishment. Tom Benson knew it was going on and fully cooperated with the investigation, he even ordered a cease and desist when they were first caught. The NFLPA that has been fighting for player safety is backing these guys for what reason exactly? Everything these players stood for was entirely against player safety.

At this point I just wish they would accept their punishment like men. You didn't see the patriots throw a hissy fit about their scandal and they soldiered on through it and were still very successful.

#15 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,798 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

people were saying all along that the punishments were going to be a statement and the Saints** made an example of for anyone even thinking about doing this in the future?

are they over-zealous? maybe, but considering the magnitude of it all and the steps they have been taking to try and curb serious brain traumas and the dealings that they have had legally with players who are suing the league because of long term effects from injuries....it makes sense that they be as heavy handed as they are.

it's necessary to help achieve what they are trying to accomplish.

i'm not going to judge them for trying to protect players and the league from unnecessary harm. i 100% approve of what they have done and i think it will have the desired effect of helping stop that type of activity in the future. it will still go on, i'm sure...but we shouldn't be seeing anymore of it organized the way it was.

if i was in their (the league's) shoes, i would absolutely have done the same thing.

if anything the players that aren't indicted in all of this should be applauding the league and goodell for taking it so seriously and the NFLPA should be totally on board with the punishments if they are serious about the health and welfare of the majority of those players they represent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.