Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stand Strong Commish

42 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't hate what they have been punished for but it honestly could not happen to a better team at a better time for the Panthers. If I really thought they were treated unfairly I would be worried. I would think it could unify them. But this is a clear case of loudmouth noobs to success not knowing how to conduct themselves properly and a whiny leadership worried about public opinion of him and his contract throughout..

No. The aints deserved all this and more just for being the dumb asses they are and thinking they are untouchable. The liklihood is more that the individual parts will splinter into several factions of disgruntled, oppressed, and butt-hurt caricatures of their former selves more so than they will unify. A big head is what got them here and from all accounts they have yet to own up to anything so those heads are likely bigger (and dumber) and nowhere near the humility level they need to be at to unify and rise against.

You can be humble and let a chip on your shoulder fuel you into some pretty awesome things but these guys are showboats and crybabies and carrying a chip is only gonna make it worse for them.

Its about the funniest thing I can imagine to happen to a rival.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ehhhh... although most of this has been pinned on Gregg Williams, he does deserve most of the blame. Williams installed this bounty system in every team he had been on, I honestly think he should serve jail time. Hell before this whole bounty thing came into the light I really thought he should have been put behind bars, you could tell the guy was promoting this sort of intentional injury behavior.

Now with everyone else, I think Payton just sorta let Gregg do his own thing, didn't put a stop to it as long as it produced. I think the defensive players who got suspended are sort of like Nuremburg trials. Yes they were under orders and slightly brainwashed, but what they did was a "crime against humanity". Theres a point where a good human's instinct will kick in and just not allow them to do certain obscenities.

I'm not entirely sure what the defensive player's cases are against Goodell. Williams, Payton and Vitt all pretty much admitted it happened and accepted their punishment. Tom Benson knew it was going on and fully cooperated with the investigation, he even ordered a cease and desist when they were first caught. The NFLPA that has been fighting for player safety is backing these guys for what reason exactly? Everything these players stood for was entirely against player safety.

At this point I just wish they would accept their punishment like men. You didn't see the patriots throw a hissy fit about their scandal and they soldiered on through it and were still very successful.

Posted

people were saying all along that the punishments were going to be a statement and the Saints** made an example of for anyone even thinking about doing this in the future?

are they over-zealous? maybe, but considering the magnitude of it all and the steps they have been taking to try and curb serious brain traumas and the dealings that they have had legally with players who are suing the league because of long term effects from injuries....it makes sense that they be as heavy handed as they are.

it's necessary to help achieve what they are trying to accomplish.

i'm not going to judge them for trying to protect players and the league from unnecessary harm. i 100% approve of what they have done and i think it will have the desired effect of helping stop that type of activity in the future. it will still go on, i'm sure...but we shouldn't be seeing anymore of it organized the way it was.

if i was in their (the league's) shoes, i would absolutely have done the same thing.

if anything the players that aren't indicted in all of this should be applauding the league and goodell for taking it so seriously and the NFLPA should be totally on board with the punishments if they are serious about the health and welfare of the majority of those players they represent.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm kind of upset he only suspended Saints* players. Surely they could dig up some dirt on the Falcons.

Posted

I am with you, but stand strong against who? Himself? He is a Czar. He reports to no one. And reports say he sleeps like a baby.

Posted

I cringed everytime I heard Fujita passing off his bs on the radio about how he played with honor and integrity. Really dude? Someone needs to clip in the side of his knee and give him a bonzai bow.

Posted

I am with you, but stand strong against who? Himself? He is a Czar. He reports to no one. And reports say he sleeps like a baby.

he should. he's not the one giving people extra cash to go out and take cheap shots and late hits so that you could injure someone out of a game. he's helping to keep that out of the game.

he's done a good thing. why shouldn't he sleep?

Posted

Negative, he reports to the people who pay is salary. The fans and the media. If either of those two factions turn on Goodell he would be fugged. Thats not going to happen, but you kind of asked.

Posted

• Hilarious what the Saints* are saying right now. Its obvious what they did and now they are crying about it. If the commish lightens up on the punishment, it will only show the rest of the league that if you cry enough, you will get what you want.

Posted

Also, it wasn't just the bounty system. They were warned/alerted about the investigation and continued anyway. And they lied/concealed the program to the commissioner.

1 person likes this

Posted

Also, it wasn't just the bounty system. They were warned/alerted about the investigation and continued anyway. And they lied/concealed the program to the commissioner.

absolutely true.

the punishment wouldn't have been so severe had they stopped when they were told and if they hadn't lied about it.

they dug their own grave and now they are whining about it.

it's just amazing to me that they've suckered in so many bleeding hearts to back them up.

suckers.

Posted

Drew Brees continues to say there is no hard evidence in this whole bounty issue.

Note to Drew - shut up