Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McColl-Richardson Field Construction (Charlotte 49ers Stadium)

49 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Lol that field looks straight out of my TeamBuilder; from the endzones to the multi-colored field.

Looks great. It makes me wish that I was still a student. :(

Posted · Report post

Charlotte had 4 players represented in the Shrine Bowl

Posted · Report post

[quote name='kman72' timestamp='1355788770' post='2051580']
Charlotte had 4 players represented in the Shrine Bowl
[/quote]
Which was behind only USC (6) and UNC (5) I believe. I think State and Clemson also had 4, but I could be confusing State and UNC.

Posted · Report post

Charlotte has agreed to play at Kansas State on Sept 10th in 2016.

Posted · Report post

the stadium looks great. btw, somebody mentioned SC high school football isn't that great? umm. per capita one of the best in the country.
even Rock Hill has a few guys in the NFL right now alone.

i wish BofA stadium would offer better deals for colleges. that USC/ECU game could have had more people but somebody botched the tickets. There was a line outside the stadium before the game and people just gave up and went to sports bars.

Posted · Report post

Wow, things are sounding really exciting for the Niners! I may be working in the concession stands for the football games. Don't know yet. I did basketball games for a long time

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pstall' timestamp='1357089812' post='2072404']
the stadium looks great. btw, somebody mentioned SC high school football isn't that great? umm. per capita one of the best in the country.
even Rock Hill has a few guys in the NFL right now alone.

i wish BofA stadium would offer better deals for colleges. that USC/ECU game could have had more people but somebody botched the tickets. There was a line outside the stadium before the game and people just gave up and went to sports bars.
[/quote]
That was probably me. All I really meant was they don't put out a lot of talent purely in total quantity due to the state's relatively small population. That state is already going to be picked over by SEC schools. We'll recruit it, but I'm not sure it will be a top three state for us.

We did grab the #6 player out of SC for next year though. He didn't have any SEC offers that I remember, but he did have some offers from ACC & PAC schools.

Posted · Report post

What's the best way for alumnus to go about getting tickets?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='King Klong' timestamp='1357570315' post='2082341']
What's the best way for alumnus to go about getting tickets?
[/quote]
You'll have to buy a seat license (like Panthers PSL's). The stadium only holds 15,300 right now and the seats are broken down like this:

5500 seat licenses
7000 student seats
3000 visiting team tickets.

There will likely be few schools that bring 3000 visiting fans, so you could probably get those tickets, but the only guaranteed way to get a ticket until the stadium is expanded is with a seat license, which costs $1000 per seat. Season tickets then cost $290.

Posted · Report post

Well I'm planning to enroll again for a masters in the near future. Will students have to wait in a line the same way I did for some basketball games while I was there?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='King Klong' timestamp='1357576040' post='2082473']
Well I'm planning to enroll again for a masters in the near future. Will students have to wait in a line the same way I did for some basketball games while I was there?
[/quote]
It's all done online now.

Priority is given based on how often you attend other sporting events.I'm not sure if the details have really been hammered out for football, but I honestly doubt you'll have a tremendous amount of trouble getting student tickets. The student section will be full, especially the first couple seasons, but I imagine many of those tickets will be given out to walkups on game day.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we have 5-10,000 temporary seats in place by the second season. Someone within the AD told a friend of mine that they have had an overwhelming number of calls for people asking for season tickets, but many are not willing to buy the seat license because for a family for four, that is $4,000, a required yearly donation to keep the same seating location, then $290/seat per season ticket. That gets expensive really quick.

Posted · Report post

That's exactly how I was thinking. My family is three people. The wife is a niner as well. We want to go to some games, but not all due to many factors including time and money.