Photo
- - - - -

McColl-Richardson Field Construction (Charlotte 49ers Stadium)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

stadium looks absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait for niners football. I hope in a few years they will be getting decent recruits and can build that team up.

we've already seen a pick up in the level of recruits since we announced going to CUSA. We haven't gotten many commits since the announcement that we were going to CUSA, but the guys that have shown interest in the program have shown marked improvement over a first class that was very much FCS level.

We have gotten several transfers from Wake that were 3 star guys. A few weeks ago we got a commit from the 6th best player in SC who was a 3 star and the 39th ranked safety in the nation. SC isn't exactly a powerhouse for HS football, but he had offers from several BCS programs including NC State and Arizona. We'll lose far more of those battles than we'll win, but it was nice to win one so early.

#32 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

TOP Commits this yr for Charlotte

Tevin Lawshe- 3 star OL from mallard creek. next best offer ECU

Justin Bridges-Thompson- 3 star safety #39 safety in country. - other offers Arizona, NC State, Pittsburgh, Wake Forest

Chris Duffy- 2 star ATH - Porter Ridge- Other Offers- Tennessee, ECU

Dustin Crouser- 2 star LB- #4 player from West Virginia-

Eugene German- 2 star OL- #2 player out of West Virginia- other offers- Marshall

#33 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Yeah it sort of looks smallish right now. The only game they may want to consider playing at BOA is against UNC or ECU imo.

#34 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

Yeah it sort of looks smallish right now. The only game they may want to consider playing at BOA is against UNC or ECU imo.

It was designed to be an FCS stadium originally, which is why it is the size it is. The school knew they had a good chance to move up soon, so they had it designed so it could be expanded quickly and without demolition.

We have requested money in the 2014 budget to expand (although that really depends on demand). That would take capacity to 40,000.

The most likely scenario within the next 5 years though is we bring in temporary seating. We can fit about 25,000 with temporary seating in place according to our athletic department.

There is 0 chance we play at Bank of America stadium against ECU. UNC, WVU, USC, or another major NC/SC team maybe, but ECU, no. It costs $600,000 + to rent BoA. That's not going to happen. Charlotte-ECU isn't going to fill up BoA anyway. USC-ECU didn't fill up BoA, so Charlotte-ECU certainly isn't. It'd be better to create an atmosphere where tickets are super hard to come by than one where tickets are easy to get because the stadium is 1/3 or 1/2 empty.

Anyway, the stadium if finished. Control was officially turned over to the school yesterday.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,301 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

great post man. I'm really looking forward to going to a game.

#36 CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

The team had a scrimmage last Saturday in the stadium. It was great to get out there and see the stadium with football players in it for the 1st time.

They are supposed to have scrimmages over the next 2 Saturdays in the Stadium and they are open to the public. I believe they start around 12:30, so if you are in the area, stop by and take a tour of the new stadium.

#37 Dilla

Dilla

Mad Decent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationWashington, North Carolina

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

Lol that field looks straight out of my TeamBuilder; from the endzones to the multi-colored field.

Looks great. It makes me wish that I was still a student. :(

#38 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

Charlotte had 4 players represented in the Shrine Bowl

#39 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Charlotte had 4 players represented in the Shrine Bowl

Which was behind only USC (6) and UNC (5) I believe. I think State and Clemson also had 4, but I could be confusing State and UNC.

#40 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Charlotte has agreed to play at Kansas State on Sept 10th in 2016.

#41 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,253 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

the stadium looks great. btw, somebody mentioned SC high school football isn't that great? umm. per capita one of the best in the country.
even Rock Hill has a few guys in the NFL right now alone.

i wish BofA stadium would offer better deals for colleges. that USC/ECU game could have had more people but somebody botched the tickets. There was a line outside the stadium before the game and people just gave up and went to sports bars.

#42 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,962 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Wow, things are sounding really exciting for the Niners! I may be working in the concession stands for the football games. Don't know yet. I did basketball games for a long time

#43 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

the stadium looks great. btw, somebody mentioned SC high school football isn't that great? umm. per capita one of the best in the country.
even Rock Hill has a few guys in the NFL right now alone.

i wish BofA stadium would offer better deals for colleges. that USC/ECU game could have had more people but somebody botched the tickets. There was a line outside the stadium before the game and people just gave up and went to sports bars.

That was probably me. All I really meant was they don't put out a lot of talent purely in total quantity due to the state's relatively small population. That state is already going to be picked over by SEC schools. We'll recruit it, but I'm not sure it will be a top three state for us.

We did grab the #6 player out of SC for next year though. He didn't have any SEC offers that I remember, but he did have some offers from ACC & PAC schools.

#44 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,301 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

What's the best way for alumnus to go about getting tickets?

#45 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

What's the best way for alumnus to go about getting tickets?

You'll have to buy a seat license (like Panthers PSL's). The stadium only holds 15,300 right now and the seats are broken down like this:

5500 seat licenses
7000 student seats
3000 visiting team tickets.

There will likely be few schools that bring 3000 visiting fans, so you could probably get those tickets, but the only guaranteed way to get a ticket until the stadium is expanded is with a seat license, which costs $1000 per seat. Season tickets then cost $290.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.