Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ron Jaworski: Tape says Cam can be a special passer

61 posts in this topic

Posted

This is easy name the first 7 qbs you would take......

Rodgers

Brees

Manning

Manning

Brady

Newton?

Who else would come before him? I really tried to do this without being a homer

Big Ben.

This is football question...not about who you want to date your daughter. Right now, Big Ben is ahead.

Rivers also should be ahead. Not by much but he is

Posted

Until Newton consistently plays better in the 2nd half of games, I won't consider him a top ten qb.

He has the ability to be the best to ever play the game.

I'm looking forward to see hiw growth and developement as is the rest of the football world excluding the rest of the NFC South.

He will. We're talking about the same guy that lead his team from 24 down on the road, facing more scrutiny than any college player maybe ever, in the biggest rivalry in college football, enroute to a perfect season.

Posted

Big Ben.

This is football question...not about who you want to date your daughter. Right now, Big Ben is ahead.

Rivers also should be ahead. Not by much but he is

Don't forget about Matthew Stafford

Posted

This is easy name the first 7 qbs you would take......

Rodgers

Brees

Manning

Manning

Brady

Newton?

Who else would come before him? I really tried to do this without being a homer

Rodgers

Brees

Brady

Manning,P

Manning,E

Rivers

Big Ben

Schaub

Cam

As non homer as I could be.

1 person likes this

Posted

Rodgers

Brees

Brady

Manning,P

Manning,E

Rivers

Big Ben

Schaub

Cam

As non homer as I could be.

You would take Rivers and Schaub over Cam Newton?? Big Ben I can see an argument for. Philip Rivers is perennially overrated and the only people who don't think so are San Diego and NC State fans. Schaub shouldn't even be in the conversation.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would absolutely not take Roethlisberger over Newton.

And that's not for character issues either. I've long said Roethlisberger is overrated.

1 person likes this

Posted

You would take Rivers and Schaub over Cam Newton?? Big Ben I can see an argument for. Philip Rivers is perennially overrated and the only people who don't think so are San Diego and NC State fans. Schaub shouldn't even be in the conversation.

I'm not an NC state fan or Charger fan. Rivers is very under rated as well as Schaub. Big Ben, although i hate the guy off the field, on the field he is very good.

Posted

I just can't wait for real football to start. Everyone has spent the last 6 months watching Cam YouTube videos, It's like we've forgotten he's going into his second season. I can't wait to see what he does next.

Posted

soooooo

what to do with the 2013 32nd pick....

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry, I love Newton, but how in the hell do people have him over Romo?

Will he eventually? Possibly. But Romo was terrific last season. Newton still has a lot he needs to improve on. I believe he can. But as of now, I don't see how someone ranking him at 15th or so is laughable. Personally, I've got him at 12th.

Posted

Don't forget about Matthew Stafford

I think they are about even....but the arguement could be made.

Cam's leg make up some ground and a lot of what Stafford does is just Megatron being a beast. Kid does have an arm and is a better passer at the moment

Posted

NFC South breakdown of the same thing. http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/36265/jaws-qb-countdown-cam-newton-no-15

Has a few different pieces than the first article posted. My favorite part:

He played very well from the pocket. I saw it Week 1 against the Arizona Cardinals. This was the second series of the game. It was 3rd and 7. Newton recognized the blitz, and he changed the protection to account for it.

I must have watched this play 15 times. The blitz was well-disguised. I saw no indicator right here that overload blitz pressure from the backside was coming. Yet Newton saw something, and he slid his offensive line to that side. One essential attribute to reach elite status is the mental ability to recognize and defeat the defense before the snap of the ball.