Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Gordon traded to Charlotte

167 posts in this topic

Posted

Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBA

Detroit has traded Ben Gordon and a protected future first-round pick to Charlotte for Corey Maggette, league sources tell Y! Sports.

The deal sends Detroit's 2013 first-round pick to Charlotte with lottery protection, sources tell Y!

Posted

Praise GOD!!!

Posted

Well, there is our outside shooting we have been needing. I like this trade even if Gordon has two years left on his contract.

Posted

Finally a good move, he will probably play out this year and use his player option to get the hell out after this year.

Plus we get a future first rounder.

Posted

By the way, I think this means we are drafting Harrison Barnes.

Posted

Awesome trade..Protected 1st round pick as well. Sure, Maggette was going to be a FA and we were going to open up 10-11 million in cap space, but Gordons deal is just through next season - in which is where I see us being aggressive in FA - and Gordon is younger and a shooter we desperately need.

Posted

Henderson to the bench as 6th man & frees up the SF position for Barnes. Awesome deal.

Posted

So we could potentially have 3 first round picks next year or none. Lol

Posted

Finally a good move, he will probably play out this year and use his player option to get the hell out after this year.

Plus we get a future first rounder.

Yeah he might be gone after this season, but we gain a 1st rounder for the future, and if we show enough improvement, he'd be a great guy to have off the bench when we try to contend again.

Cho is the man. And yes, I agree that we are drafting barnes.

Posted

This was a good fuging trade. Cho at work, at the very worst, we gave up Maggette for a first rounder.

Posted

Henderson to the bench as 6th man & frees up the SF position for Barnes. Awesome deal.

I think Gordon will be the sixth man.

If I'm not mistaking, he didn't start for Detroit.

Posted

Walker

Gordon

Barnes

Biyombo

???

Henderson

???

???

???

...that's a very good young core to build around. Still be in the lottery, saving our 1st next year, but will at least be a competitive group.