166 replies to this topic

#91 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

I'm not a Saint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

Someone please tell me we secretly traded 2-1st round picks, Maggette, and DJ White or something. I honestly can't believe we've just buttraped Detroit like this with NO stupid backlash.

Welcome to the Cho era, baby!!! Enjoy the ride.

#92 Guest_herpes_*

Guest_herpes_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

Cody Zeller is not in the Draft.

I was just think though that a guy like Tyler or Cody Zeller would be nice for us. I know the new coach is all about running the court and they are probably the 2 best running centers there are. They would fit nicely.

I was dreaming for next years draft.

Although I wouldn't be mad if we trade our protected Portland pick & maybe DJ in a sign & trade to move up for Tyler this year. He can run the court better than some forwards.

#93 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

Our team is becoming too British.

#94 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

great move. Cho is the man.

#95 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

I'm not a Saint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

trade put into context:

Let me make this real simple for you: The Bobcats just purchased a first-round draft pick with money they had to spend anyway.
The headlines will say that Ben Gordon was traded for Corey Maggette, but pay no mind; they're just contracts in this deal. They're not bad players necessarily, but they're roughly equivalent talents with oversized contracts on teams going nowhere.
The real action is comes through the draft pick and the money changing hands. Charlotte now has a potential lottery pick in 2014 or 2015, and the cost is the difference in salary (about $14 million). Normally that would be an excessive price to pay, but these aren't normal times. The Bobcats may not hit the league's salary floor in 2013-14, let alone the cap, so the $13.2 million that Gordon adds to their payroll in that season doesn't stand to hurt them much since they needed to add a bunch of salary anyway. In that sense, they really paid far less than $14 million for the draft pick.
From Detroit's perspective, this deal was a no-brainer. The Pistons dump $13.2 million from their 2013-14 payroll, since Maggette's contract expires in 2012-13, retain their amnesty clause to use on Charlie Villanueva (instead of maybe Gordon), and now stand to be as much as $20 million under the cap that summer, depending on what moves they make between now and then.

From Hollinger on ESPN

#96 Jai.

Jai.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

Rich Cho flipped Stephen Jackson for Ben Gordon and 2 first rd pick, and BG will be a valuable trade chip next year as an expiring! Awesome deal!

#97 Guest_herpes_*

Guest_herpes_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

We still pounded their brown round.

#98 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

Cho is using some major Chi.

#99 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

MKG!

#100 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

This move is fuging terrible. We really just traded a soon to be expiring contract for a guy who's owed 25 mil over the next 2 years and isn't worth half of that? Really?

Not sure if troll or just stupid.

#101 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• HUDDLER
  • 8,756 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

yes yes yes!

#102 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

How am I stupid for not wanting another shitty 12 million dollars on the books for the next 2 years? The pick will be nice in 2015, yeah but this team needs help now.

#103 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

wow just got home, what a great trade. he is already the best shooter in cats history. and we got a extra 1st that should be a mid teen range. i have loved every move CHO has made, cant wait for the draft! 2days!!!

#104 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

NT

#105 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

wow just got home, what a great trade. he is already the best shooter in cats history. and we got a extra 1st that should be a mid teen range. i have loved every move CHO has made, cant wait for the draft! 2days!!!

Cho just pulled a hurney, but better. Remember when Hurney got Olsen for a 3rd? Rape right? Well Cho not only raped them, he took their 1st round pick.

That's like raping a hooker and having her pay YOU...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users