3,916 posts in this topic

Posted

I never take gym pictures but I was feeling extra swoll after shoulders last night...

2zziwx0.jpg

Posted

So the last few pages got me thinking. Does anyone else here deal with criticism or half serious jokes about working out too much or being obsessed?  I do, I wish people were more supportive about my hobbies and interested than critical. I don't criticize them for playing video games over 10 hours a week or watching tons of TV or whatever they are into. 

Also, I love Kale salads. You gotta rub the seasonings and dressing into the Kale it kind of absorbe it. 

Saw an article on CNN today about a fit mom that made me think of the criticism you said you get sometimes. 

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/17/opinion/navarrette-maria-kang/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

and, yes, she's pretty hot. :)

131016180638-navarrette-maria-kang-story

2 people like this

Posted

I saw that... Pretty sure most of the criticism is jealousy based...

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah I've seen that. The comments don't surprise me at all.

Years ago I had a friend who was putting on weight rapidly. We were eating dinner she order fajitas and I ordered two tacos no sides. The waiter walked away and she said "you think I'm fat don't you, you should be eating more then just two tacos". I was in shock because I didn't say or do anything other than order my food. After a few more crazy instances like that I stopped hanging with her. Bitches be crazy.

The only gfs I have left in my life are all very confident. Makes for less drama.

1 person likes this

Posted

What? You don't order food based on the size of your lunch partner?

I remember way back in high school a female acquaintance showed up in a brand new bmw 5 series one day. I casually remarked "cake eater..."

Her response: "are you calling me fat?"

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah I've seen that. The comments don't surprise me at all.

Years ago I had a friend who was putting on weight rapidly. We were eating dinner she order fajitas and I ordered two tacos no sides. The waiter walked away and she said "you think I'm fat don't you, you should be eating more then just two tacos". I was in shock because I didn't say or do anything other than order my food. After a few more crazy instances like that I stopped hanging with her. Bitches be crazy.

The only gfs I have left in my life are all very confident. Makes for less drama.

LOL

Posted

Got a new pre yesterday...

da-mo-1817.jpg?w=500&h=757

It works.

1 person likes this

Posted

chipotle burrito... double chicken, rice, pintos, salsa, sour cream, cheese... ultimate bulking food?

calories 1215

fat 46.5 g

saturated fat 20g

carbs 106.5g

fiber 17g

sugar 9g

protein 92g

Vit A 78%

Vit C 33%

Calcium 61%

Iron 56%

Squatted a new PR of 185x3 last night.  Had to deadlift lighter yesterday because of it, though.

Oh, and I might have said this before, but preworkouts aren't for me.  Bad side effects eventually take hold within a couple of weeks. :(  I have to find my motivation the old fashioned way, by looking at my sorry body in the mirror. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Dammit Jase, now I'm not going to want to get Chipotle anymore...  :mad:

What side effect do pre's give you?  

Nice job on the new record for squats.  I too did legs yesterday... hated it as per usual.

Posted

the first pre I tried gave me heart palpitations.  Discontinued use, ended up okay.

a few years later (back in june) I was a little dehydrated when I took one and ended up in the emergency room with headache, disorientation, shaking.  The docs thought I was having a stroke.

Posted

Oh poo man...

What'd you take?   (I do think I remember you mentioned this before)

FYI crack is not a pre...

Posted

the one that put me in the hospital was VPX friction, one that I know you've taken without problems.

Don't know if it was just the amount of caffeine or the yohimbine, but it did not jive well with having some coffee 12 hours earlier and not drinking well throughout the day.