3,959 posts in this topic

Posted

That's a good plan and something a lot of people don't do, they'd rather sit in front of the TV.

I personally have to make it more structured than that for me to be motivated to do it... otherwise other life stuff gets in the way.

Don't think I can run a mile with my knees but I'm in the shape to do it, and can do all the rest of that stuff with ease. I could probably bench 215 18-20 times if I just laid down and did it... never really tried to see how many pull ups I can do, but I've been doing 4 sets of pull downs, then 3 sets of 10 pullups after that... so... Just trying to get back into squats, kills my shoulders to hold the bar on, but I'm working on it.

Posted

I just try to do something active every day. Whether its the Y, mountain biking, wake boarding, etc. I don't track anything. I just make sure I am active for an hour a day. Its a lifestyle thing, not a workout routine. I can easily run a mile, bench press my weight, do pullups, everything a man should be able to do.

Benefits of owning your own business.

I used to get up at 5:30 and ride my bike because there is zero time after work between the kids and dinner. Stuff doesn't calm down until 8:30-9 and by that time it's like fug it.

Posted

this is why i bought a canoe

Posted

bench press my weight, do pullups, everything a man should be able to do.

whew! good thing you said man...b/c I sure as sh*t can't do a pullup and I seriously doubt I could bpress my own weight :)

Posted

i just ate a bag of chips

2 people like this

Posted

i just ate a bag of chips

lol

Lowfat?

Posted

Lowfat chips are like showering with a wetsuit on.

Posted

It's funny you mention low fat chips, I ate some the other day from Panera that had to be the worst I think I have ever had. I believe they were fried in sunflower oil....god awful

Posted

I work out 6 days a week. My workout routine consists of combinations of things I have found online and in magazines. It took me a while, but I figured out what worked best for me.

I take the Alarm before my workouts and take a protein powder after. I eat very healthy, which is the most important thing. My metabolism is very fast, and my weight before I started lifting was 138. I weigh 157 now and I am trying to get up to 160. I'm proud of what I have accomplished.

For the most part you just have to figure out what works best for you. There is no "one size fits all" workout routine. Everyone is different. Just work hard and you'll figure it out.

Posted

It's funny you mention low fat chips, I ate some the other day from Panera that had to be the worst I think I have ever had. I believe they were fried in sunflower oil....god awful

I can imagine... I eat those baked Lays now instead of Doritoes... not that great.

Posted

I work out 6 days a week. My workout routine consists of combinations of things I have found online and in magazines. It took me a while, but I figured out what worked best for me.

I take the Alarm before my workouts and take a protein powder after. I eat very healthy, which is the most important thing. My metabolism is very fast, and my weight before I started lifting was 138. I weigh 157 now and I am trying to get up to 160. I'm proud of what I have accomplished.

For the most part you just have to figure out what works best for you. There is no "one size fits all" workout routine. Everyone is different. Just work hard and you'll figure it out.

Never heard of that Alarm, just looked it up. After I get off this C4, I'll be looking for a new pre.

Posted

Never heard of that Alarm, just looked it up. After I get off this C4, I'll be looking for a new pre.

It's fairly new. I've taken C4 before. The main thing I like about Alarm is the fact that I have taken one scoop only since I got it. I haven't built up a tolerance to it yet. With C4, I was having to take up to 3 scoops to get any results. I hope Alarm stays at one scoop.