3,926 posts in this topic

Posted

post them here if you dont mind. maybe some white out for your ugly face. and if i progress enough ill do the same.

I have taken a before pic but that was in june. worked out for 3 months then stopped but im back at it again hopefully now for good.

im 5'7 and short as poo too..now at 172 but with a huge beer belly.

my goal cut weight is 145lbs then I want to get to 165 .

Posted

sorry i misspoke..its not everyday

Monday

Wednesday

Friday

That's a great plan, but don't do it forever... 2 months or so, then switch it up.

I'm to the point where I go nearly everyday, so I shoot for 4 days between exercising body parts. I did back on Sunday, so I won't do it again until tomorrow because today is my off day.

I break my workouts into:

1) Back Day

2) Chest Day

3) Leg Day (with biceps)

4) Shoulder/Trap Day (with Triceps)

5) Aerobic only or off

I no arm specific work on back or chest day at all so as not to overtrain them. Also, I never do the same workout twice in a row... if I do barbell bench this chest day, I don't do it at all next one or possibly do it as my last exercise.

Right now, I've gotten off of creatine and have gone from doing heavy, low rep sets to lighter higher rep sets with more cardio and abs. I'm going to do that cycle until first of the year then switch again.

Posted

Cat, in regards to your pull up question, no you should lose that much by missing a week. A lot of other things could explain it. Were you properly hydrated? Did you do anything strenuous prior? Did you warm up? Are you eating below your caloric needs? All of these can impact resistance training.

Interesting. I can't remember that far back but I know I warmed up however I do go through phases where I don't drink much and take in too little food.

I'll monitor those things and take them into accountant in the future.

Thanks for the tips.

Posted

post them here if you dont mind. maybe some white out for your ugly face. and if i progress enough ill do the same.

I have taken a before pic but that was in june. worked out for 3 months then stopped but im back at it again hopefully now for good.

im 5'7 and short as poo too..now at 172 but with a huge beer belly.

my goal cut weight is 145lbs then I want to get to 165 .

I'll put them up when I get home. My before pics are just normal pics.

Interesting. I can't remember that far back but I know I warmed up however I do go through phases where I don't drink much and take in too little food.

I'll monitor those things and take them into accountant in the future.

Thanks for the tips.

No problem. Hydration is very important, as is diet. Working out fasted is not recommended for resistance training. I prefer not working out fasted at all, but some people believe it's good for cardio if you're trying to drop fat. Personally, I've found that my best workouts occur after a light healthy snack about an hour or two prior to the gym.

Posted

post-229-0-39260300-1354231482_thumb.jpg

Me at Xmas last year

post-229-0-13247000-1354234241_thumb.jpg

Me at the end of my cutting phase, it looks better on my phone. I'll add one when I'm done bulking.

Posted

Bad gym etiquette drives me nuts. It's not that damned hard to grab a spray bottle and wipe down the equipment you just sweated all over. Oh, and if you're curling in the squat rack, I hope you get polio.

the curl bars at the y only go up to 110. Some people can curl more than 110

Posted

the curl bars at the y only go up to 110. Some people can curl more than 110

The Y doesn't have these?

standard_curl_bar_b.jpg

The Y only has one bar and it's located in the squat rack?

Posted

post-229-0-39260300-1354231482_thumb.jpg

Me at Xmas last year

post-229-0-13247000-1354234241_thumb.jpg

Me at the end of my cutting phase, it looks better on my phone. I'll add one when I'm done bulking.

good for you!

It's truly amazing how different you look when you lose weight..I fee like I don't even look the same person

1 person likes this

Posted

good for you!

It's truly amazing how different you look when you lose weight..I fee like I don't even look the same person

Thanks, I feel a lot better. I look back at pictures and think "damn I was a fatty"

Posted

i got a home gym for xmas!

really its all i need to get back into shape.

Posted

I was gonna bump this today anyway... Thanks PSC.

How's everyone doing?

Despite my hurt arm and back, I've been going consistently still... Even on days I don't feel like it...

Been doing more cardio than lifting lately, gonna switch back to more lifting in about two weeks.

Posted

I've stopped trying to going up on weights on my squats and started going deeper. Oh it hurts a lot.