3,923 posts in this topic

Posted

Getting back into the gym today after a six month layoff so can I be part of this little workout club of yours now?

Go easy on the curls bro.

Posted

Go easy on the curls bro.

Oh that won't be a problem. I am nursing a broken hand and foot, so it will be light weights for awhile. Will never max out on anything ever again anyway, especially not curls.

You know it has been over 2 years since they reattached my bicep and I still have no feeling in my forearm from the elbow to my hand. I guess that will never come back. I also still really notice pain in the tendon when playing golf and raquete ball also but that goes away usually after it stretches out.

Having my daughter 3 days a week and dating a girl an hour away has made it hard to get to the gym on a regular basis. Really mad at myself for not making the gym a priority but sh*ts about to change. I miss it and the stress relief I got from going. Good thing is that I have lost weight since stopping the gym but also 80% of the muscle I had. I haven't been serious in the gym for over a year now. I am just glad I didn't turn into a big fatty during this break.

ps...is there a Huddle Workout Warrior T-shirt that I should be expecting in the mail?

Posted

Oh that won't be a problem. I am nursing a broken hand and foot, so it will be light weights for awhile. Will never max out on anything ever again anyway, especially not curls.

You know it has been over 2 years since they reattached my bicep and I still have no feeling in my forearm from the elbow to my hand. I guess that will never come back. I also still really notice pain in the tendon when playing golf and raquete ball also but that goes away usually after it stretches out.

Having my daughter 3 days a week and dating a girl an hour away has made it hard to get to the gym on a regular basis. Really mad at myself for not making the gym a priority but sh*ts about to change. I miss it and the stress relief I got from going. Good thing is that I have lost weight since stopping the gym but also 80% of the muscle I had. I haven't been serious in the gym for over a year now. I am just glad I didn't turn into a big fatty during this break.

ps...is there a Huddle Workout Warrior T-shirt that I should be expecting in the mail?

Yeah, some times life gets in the way of stuff... I've been fortunate that I've been able to go so often. My work allows me to leave at a reasonable time and the gym is on my way home... plus I've got my kids to start meeting me there too so they're getting into it a bit. My wife is working on it... let's say.

A t-shirt is a great idea.... and a really tiny sports bra for MPF.

Posted

LOL tiny sports bra AHAHHAHAHHHAHAA

I just forked over $50 for a fancy schmancy one :)

I saw this article yesterday and thought of ya'll...check out the picture..is guy #4 the same as guy #1???

http://health.yahoo....ck-abs-12-weeks

Posted

Yeah, some times life gets in the way of stuff... I've been fortunate that I've been able to go so often. My work allows me to leave at a reasonable time and the gym is on my way home... plus I've got my kids to start meeting me there too so they're getting into it a bit. My wife is working on it... let's say.

A t-shirt is a great idea.... and a really tiny sports bra for MPF.

I wear size xtra medium to show off the guns.

Posted

LOL tiny sports bra AHAHHAHAHHHAHAA

I just forked over $50 for a fancy schmancy one :)

I saw this article yesterday and thought of ya'll...check out the picture..is guy #4 the same as guy #1???

http://health.yahoo....ck-abs-12-weeks

My wife has to often wear two sports bras when she's gonna run... keeps those puppies in place. I keep telling her that a smaller one would be tighter thus work better..

idk if that's the same guy or not... it's possible. He was already in decent shape in pic #1, so it's not out of the question. Could also be some photoshopping...

I wear size xtra medium to show off the guns.

Xtra Medium... coming up.

Working on a proposal now, soon as it's done I'll make a T-shirt design.

Posted

PSC, today is chest day for me and I'm gonna try your reverse pyramid thingy... any other tips? How many sets do you do?

I do 3 light aerobic warmup sets, then I dump the weight on there and do 3 descending sets.

http://fitnessblacka...eight-training/

its really pumping me up fast and i don't feel that sore the next day. you will bloat like a motherfuger tho

Posted

I try to do something active every day.

I don't log anything. I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it.

I just move around for an hour a day at the gym

Works fine.

Posted

I try to do something active every day.

I don't log anything. I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it.

I just move around for an hour a day at the gym

Works fine.

I do log what I eat for the most part...when I stop doing that completely, it starts to show...

having a doggie now that loves to go run w/me helps keep me motivated..the minute I even so much as look at my running shoes...she's on me like white on rice

Posted

motivation and the laws of diminishing returns. thats what we all have to balance. stay motivated and work out effectively and eat smartly and live life and we are gold.

Posted

OK... extra small for MPF and extra medium for Jase... who else?

zlue7k.jpg

PS- Not responsible if there happens to be a picture of a really hot blonde with big tittays on the back.

Posted

I do log what I eat for the most part...when I stop doing that completely, it starts to show...

having a doggie now that loves to go run w/me helps keep me motivated..the minute I even so much as look at my running shoes...she's on me like white on rice

My dog has learned the difference between the shoes that I run in and the old shoes that I take him for walks in.