Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darth Biscuit

Huddle Workout Warriors

3,981 posts in this topic

So...

I just found out about all of this stuff of about dimethylamylamine (formerly in jack3d and others) that have recently come out.

Not good.

http://www.nytimes.c...eaths.html?_r=0

I know that I must have been living under a rock, but... This is why pre-workouts give me the heebiejeebies a bit.

I avoid the ones with dimethyl-whatever in them...

The version of Jack3d I tried did not have it... but it still gave me that stim jittery feeling I hate. Took it back.

I prefer the ones with caffeine... much smoother energy for me.

I know Johnny Rockets took the old Jack3d... and he didn't die... did he?

True story. I went in a GNC looking for Jack3d after JR's ringing endorsement of it. The sales guy convinced me to go with a different brand (one of GNC's shadow brands probably.) Anyway that's the stuff that didn't last. And it gave me heart palpitations for a while. No more GNC for me for a multitude of reasons.

I agree about GNC, they are pushy... and usually don't know what they think they do.

Boo's bf uses Jack3d and loves it too... it just makes me jittery and I hate that.

Come to think of it though, JR may in fact be a zombie... so, idk if I'd take advice from him.

Jack3d is really, really bad for you. One I really liked was Assault by MusclePharm. N.O. Xplode was decent for me.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Xplode or Assault, can't remember which one makes my entire body itch a little bit especially my mouth, so i figured i shouldn't be taking that one.

i didn't like assault. too jittery.

women should stay away from anything that jacks their HGH up

What ingredient does that?

i dunno. muscleprime does it. i liked muscleprime, even though it doesn't give the energy other preworkouts do, i was never sore the next day no matter how hard i worked.

now that i've gone off the muscleprime i'm sore every damn day

i dunno. muscleprime does it. i liked muscleprime, even though it doesn't give the energy other preworkouts do, i was never sore the next day no matter how hard i worked.

now that i've gone off the muscleprime i'm sore every damn day

This is off the MusclePrime label...

G.H. Factor 2,400mg †

LYS-ARG-PYRO G.H. Blend [Lysine HCL (1,200 Mg), ARG-PYRO Blend (Arginine Pyroglutamate, Arginine AKG (2:1), Arginine HCl, L-Arginine Base) (1,200 Mg)]

So it actually has a GH purpose... I don't think I've ever taken anything like that.

yeah i'm really out of the loop when it comes to ingredients. i know it can jack your GH up 350%. or so the label claims. its a canadian company that makes it, so they are more heavily regulated.

you will never be sore when you're taking it. i really wanna get some more in a month and mix it with the white flood.

also with the muscleprime my recovery during my workout was amazing. i felt like i could lift forever for the first half of my workout, but after that i just wanted to go to sleep.

I just looked at the label. It's Assault that makes me itch and it also made me super jittery. Tons of energy though.

edit: maybe tingly is a better description.