3,925 posts in this topic

Posted

The whole concept sounds like fitness shaming to me. This article says "obsession", I say "commitment".

Only in America is committing to nutrition and exercise with the goal of improving your body considered a disorder.

It takes, like, 2 hours a day to track your food intake and workout.

Posted

Luckily I'll never have a problem like that. I'm about as hard a gainer as there is. I consume upwards of 6000 calories per day and I still can't get much bigger. It really sucks.

Posted

The whole concept sounds like fitness shaming to me. This article says "obsession", I say "commitment".

Only in America is committing to nutrition and exercise with the goal of improving your body considered a disorder.

It takes, like, 2 hours a day to track your food intake and workout.

I agree.

I'm sure some people can have a "disorder" involving body image and wanting to get bigger, but to imply that anyone who works out is doing that is not right.

Posted

I agree.

I'm sure some people can have a "disorder" involving body image and wanting to get bigger, but to imply that anyone who works out is doing that is not right.

There is definitely a way to take fitness too far. Sure, your physical health may be tremendous, but it can certainly take a toll on your mental health.

I agree though. Implying that anyone who is dedicated to fitness has some sort of disorder is absurd. It takes time and it becomes a big part of your life. I don't think that's unhealthy at all.

1 person likes this

Posted

I see it as the same mindset that drives people to be athletes or musicians. A goal is set and whatever work is necessary is done to accomplish the goal. Some say it's obsessive, but a lot of people lack the mettle to accomplish difficult goals

Posted

I stretch before and after a work out for a while.

I'm going to have to take the roller to my hammies and my upper calves. ouch

Posted

I stretch before and after a work out for a while.

I'm going to have to take the roller to my hammies and my upper calves. ouch

I have a feeling that your husband won't mind helping out with that...

1 person likes this

Posted

amount-of-work-required-to-look-good--me

i've been watching the CT Fletcher videos on days when i just don't feel like working out.   it helps.

1 person likes this

Posted

also smith machines are awesome when you get older.   i'll use anything and everything to work out.   except a nautilus.

Posted

I use the Smith, just rarely for benching...  too easy to drop having to twist it.

Posted

I haven't been very sore from the past couple or workouts. I at least thought I'd be feeling it in my lats more. Probably going to hit shoulders today, try to work something new in.

Posted

that's one of the benefits of using a cable system.   you can rep to failure without having to worry as much about injury