3,916 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm glad you have...

Now read what you just wrote and compare it to "regular people not obsessed".

Smidge of difference.  Had you expressed it in the terms you just did, I think you'd have gotten a substantially different response from me and others.

As far as working out goes, you're right... there are more advanced people in here and more beginner oriented people in here.  Like I said, everyone has different goals... none of which are wrong.

I agree with you. I think he was just countering PSC's condescending "fitness is a lifestyle hurr durr" comment he made.

People can still benefit from fitness without it being their lifestyle.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah... PSC's a Panthers fan though so I give him the benefit of the doubt.  :)

1 person likes this

Posted

yeah i just started working out again in january after 15 years of a lazy lifestyle.   totally obsessed.

also totally ripped.

4 people like this

Posted

I agree with you. I think he was just countering PSC's condescending "fitness is a lifestyle hurr durr" comment he made.

People can still benefit from fitness without it being their lifestyle.

if you are an unhealthy person, you cannot be healthy without changing your lifestyle.   period.

2 people like this

Posted

they don't make an app or device that does your work for you.  that's all i'm saying.  you get back what you actually put into it with sweat and pain.  nothing more, nothing less.

2 people like this

Posted

I checked my weight and I'm up 8lbs from about 3 months ago. I actually think it a decent amount of muscle to fat by the looks of it, but I really need to get a good bmi reading.

I've been doing some cardio before my workouts to warm up, but haven't been doing a lot after lifting.

Posted

I checked my weight and I'm up 8lbs from about 3 months ago. I actually think it a decent amount of muscle to fat by the looks of it, but I really need to get a good bmi reading.

I've been doing some cardio before my workouts to warm up, but haven't been doing a lot after lifting.

Yeah, I told you in the gym it's noticeable that you've been working out.  BMI sucks... get one of those cute brunettes in the gym to do your bodyfat %.  Win-Win.

1 person likes this

Posted

Every one is gaining now and im gonna cut a little bit. Kale for dinner!!! This is my first experience. A la Bart Scott, CAN'T WAIT. Also Jase how much did you weigh when you started? Seems like you've put on 10-15 pounds pretty damn quick, that's pretty impressive. From 22 to 26 I put on 45 pounds. That's only like 10 lbs a year :(

Posted

I agree with PSC. Fitness is a lifestyle. I don't workout, I train. If don't make changes and set goals, you won't make any long term gains. There is no quick fix. There is no silver bullet. There are no short cuts. All there is is dedication and self control. There will be sweat, pain, frustration, and exhaustion. However, if you want  to be strong, lean, or whatever your fitness goals are, it is worth it. 

2 people like this

Posted

yeah but for regular people that lack discipline, motivation and common sense, what do you recommend?

actually, fug it.   let them stay regular.  it makes being extraordinary that much easier for me.

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree with PSC. Fitness is a lifestyle. I don't workout, I train. If don't make changes and set goals, you won't make any long term gains. There is no quick fix. There is no silver bullet. There are no short cuts. All there is is dedication and self control. There will be sweat, pain, frustration, and exhaustion. However, if you want to be strong, lean, or whatever your fitness goals are, it is worth it.

That's why I like to mix things up, if your goal is always the same it gets boring. As long as you are following a healthy routine to add or lose weight and you set goals for yourself you can't go wrong.

Posted

i get bored so very easily that i have to change up my routine or crank up the intensity

you can't go wrong, but you can go more right by investing everything you have into every workout, regardless of what it is