Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darth Biscuit

Huddle Workout Warriors

3,981 posts in this topic

It's like 3.5 times my BMR. I may bump it to 4-5x my BMR this cycle.

I hate running. If it weren't required for my second job, I would never do it. My cardio would come strictly from biking or swimming.

That being said - is it realistic to try to take about 2 minutes off my 2 mile time in 3 weeks?

~bear in mind the amount of motivation I require just to hit the pavement is something out of this universe.

i don't know anything about distance running but it ain't gonna hurt to try right

http://www.military.com/military-fitness/running/improve-your-pft-mile-time

This is true, interval training works.  They really suck but they are very effective.  I'm doing them now one day a week.  Try it, you will really notice an improvement. 

This is true, interval training works. They really suck but they are very effective. I'm doing them now one day a week. Try it, you will really notice an improvement.

I've tried in the past. Lack of will power is my biggest obstacle.

I've never been a great distance runner. Even in high school, running a 4.6 40 and a 51 second 400, I don't think I ever ran a sub-7 minute mile.

Eventually I could while I was on active duty in the military, but it took years to get there.

What do y'all eat when cutting weight? I've been doing great this month, but getting kinda bored with the same foods so looking for some low fat meal options. Some of the main things I've been eating repeatedly is:

Artic Char with crabmeat on top

Wraps - sliced oven roasted chicken, baby Swiss, 1 slice pre cooked bacon, lite mayo, and whole weat tortillas (10 carbs, 0 fat)

Rainbow roll such made with brown rice and RE,living about half the rice from each roll

Red Snapper, pan seared in tablespoon olive oil

Chicken Cobb salad w/ light Catalina

Roasted pulled pork

That's probably 90% of all my meals this month with some Icelandic yogurt, carrots and fruits for snacks

I'm probably not the one to answer a question about cutting weight, but I do make a very conscious effort to avoid the "light" version of almost everything. Usually it tends to be less healthy than the original version. I know there are exceptions, but I recommend using the regular version or eliminating it completely - especially salad dressings. Go with a vinaigrette instead.

I'm going to Boracay November 11 to December 8th and I want to get cut for hanging at the beach and whatnot. I'm fairly muscular already but my body fat % isn't as low as I'd like. Starting today I'm doing a 10 week HIIT program, 2 hours a day, and a pretty hardcore almost carb free diet. When I get back I'll post some "after" pictures of me at the beach along with my 19 yo gf wearing the tiniest bikini I can possibly find.

I'm probably not the one to answer a question about cutting weight, but I do make a very conscious effort to avoid the "light" version of almost everything. Usually it tends to be less healthy than the original version. I know there are exceptions, but I recommend using the regular version or eliminating it completely - especially salad dressings. Go with a vinaigrette instead.

I have a balsalmic vinagrette that I usually use in salads that's really tastes great and doesn't have a lot of carbs even though its made with maple syrup. I haven't been using it b/c I didn't think it would go with the chicken in salad since I've been eating chicken Cobb salads as a meal lately,

Here is link if someone's interested, best tasting of the like 14 different brand balsalmic vin. dressings I've tried when store ran out, 5 carbs and 3g fat per serving. I use it to marinade fish also before cooking.

http://www.maplegrove.com/product_detail.asp?pid=41

Also, got my Nike Fuelband yesterday and started using it. It's pretty comfortable and light and even though it was my first day using it and didnt have a full day, I found myself out for a jog at 11pm trying to hit my daily goal. It's does a nice job of counting calories burned, but is best as a motivator and activity tracker. A few of the cons is the fact it works off motion from built in accelerometer, so cycling isn't recorded accurately unless you put it around your ankle or attach it to your shoe. Also, the activities that don't have a lot of arm movement, ie yoga, push ups, lifting. On the other hand, If you use their app to track activity, you can manually enter those activities to keep track of everything.

I go oatmeal or yogurt in the morning with some fruit. Lunch lean turkey on whole grain No Cheese. Or grilled chicken or some sort of fish. Dinner baby spinach and apple salad. No dressing, because im a boss. Most important thing is to allow yourself to cheat a meal or two a week. Also I could stand to drop like 5 lbs not 50 go fug your self Alice

1 person likes this

Oatmeal in the morning. Slice of avacado

Albacore tuna, sometimes a wrap for lunch

Lean protein shake in the afternoon

Chicken and brown rice for dinner.

No carbs after 8pm

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I go oatmeal or yogurt in the morning with some fruit. Lunch lean turkey on whole grain No Cheese. Or grilled chicken or some sort of fish. Dinner baby spinach and apple salad. No dressing, because im a boss. Most important thing is to allow yourself to cheat a meal or two a week. Also I could stand to drop like 5 lbs not 50 go fug your self Alice

Where is your protein? Is your goal just to lose weight or tone up? I'm just asking because I've done a lot of losing weight the wrong way for my body and I just kept going around in circles. You will lose weight on a diet like that, but some of the weight is going to be muscle mass.

1 person likes this

Protein powder in with my oatmeal. Any of the meat I eat during lunch.

if you're worried about calories from salad dressing then you need to sweat more