*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,396 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:48 AM

I skip breakfast completely because:

1) I don't believe it's more important than any other meal
2) I've been doing I.F. for a couple of months now and try to keep all of my meals between Noon and 8pm.

I Usually just have a Turkey/Ham/Bacon on whole wheat for lunch and hit the gym a few hours later.

Since the sandwich is only around 400 calories, I go all out for dinner. Usually a couple of chicken breasts and a vegetable of some sort and a sweet potato.

I'm trying to cut out bread completely for dinner, but I'm having trouble doing it. Texas Toast with cheese on top is my Kryptonite.

What time do you workout at?

I cut out bread for a whole year. Honestly the hardest thing I've ever done. It was easier to cut out junk food.

I love breakfast, I try to have mini wheats or a vector bar before the gym. I need something or I just feel weak and tired at the gym.

#1502 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,344 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

My god I'm so hungry when I wake up if I skipped breakfast I would die.

#1503 Mr. Miyagi

Mr. Miyagi

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

What time do you workout at?

I cut out bread for a whole year. Honestly the hardest thing I've ever done. It was easier to cut out junk food.

I love breakfast, I try to have mini wheats or a vector bar before the gym. I need something or I just feel weak and tired at the gym.

I work out around 4pm.

I've cut out fast food completely, but just can't cut bread out completely.

I do use diet Sun-Drop to get from lunch to my workout without feeling hungry. I guess the carbonation gives the false feeling of being full.

I'd like to cut that out eventually, but right now it's better than snacking on junk.

#1504 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,098 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

So, to try to get over a plateau, I switched from barbells to dumbells on the flat bench for 4 weeks.  Came back to barbell press last night and got a 185x5 set in on my third set.

plateau = busted

#1505 Mr. Miyagi

Mr. Miyagi

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

I thought that myself at first, but I actually got over it after 4 or 5 days.

I get to work around 7am and chew gum to make it to lunch.

#1506 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:07 AM

I love chewing gum and actually can't workout without it. But I remember someone telling me that chewing gum triggers something blah blah blah and your body thinks it's getting food when it's not (which isn't good). I'm guessing you have a bit of a stomach ache after chewing gum all morning before eating lunch?

#1507 Mr. Miyagi

Mr. Miyagi

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

I love chewing gum and actually can't workout without it. But I remember someone telling me that chewing gum triggers something blah blah blah and your body thinks it's getting food when it's not (which isn't good). I'm guessing you have a bit of a stomach ache after chewing gum all morning before eating lunch?

No, I only chew gum when I start feeling a craving for food kick in. Usually around 9 or 10, but have to stop when it loses flavor.

I've heard that about chewing gum too. The artificial sweetener in it (assuming it's sugar free gum) raises insulin levels which triggers your body to store extra fat. I personally think it's B.S. but I'm no doctor.

#1508 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

Soooo I started getting back into it Monday night.

I'm starting slow with http://www.amazon.co...x/dp/B0050SYUAS

I know I know it's not all that.  But if I can stick with it for a couple months I will have programed a good habit and will start considering XFit or a gym membership.

#1509 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

I'm starting slow with http://www.amazon.co...x/dp/B0050SYUAS

I know I know it's not all that. But if I can stick with it for a couple months I will have programed a good habit and will start considering XFit or a gym membership.

Yep, it's all about getting in a good routine. Eventually after awhile you'll feel crappy for not going to the gym.

#1510 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

My legs hurt :(

#1511 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,344 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

So, to try to get over a plateau, I switched from barbells to dumbells on the flat bench for 4 weeks.  Came back to barbell press last night and got a 185x5 set in on my third set.

plateau = busted

Nice!

Dumbbells are an excellent way to do this.  They work a lot of the smaller stabilizer muscles that you use for balance while still using the larger muscles as well.

#1512 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,741 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

I use to never eat breakfast. but now days I dont think i can handle it. 

I use to never work out and eat almost nothing. Now I work out and eat all the time. I wish I had the will power to cut out about 300 cals a day from what I typically take in.

#1513 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,741 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

I'm starting slow with http://www.amazon.co...x/dp/B0050SYUAS

I know I know it's not all that.  But if I can stick with it for a couple months I will have programed a good habit and will start considering XFit or a gym membership.

My bro got me the XBOX one for Christmas. I used the fitness app and did an insanity work out, it was awesome. though the XBOX was way off on my heart rate.

#1514 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,344 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

I use to never eat breakfast. but now days I dont think i can handle it. 

I use to never work out and eat almost nothing. Now I work out and eat all the time. I wish I had the will power to cut out about 300 cals a day from what I typically take in.

When I'm lifting, which is really all the time now, I'm so hungry it's crazy.  I try not to eat late at night so by the time I wake up, I'm starving.

#1515 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,098 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

Nice!

Dumbbells are an excellent way to do this.  They work a lot of the smaller stabilizer muscles that you use for balance while still using the larger muscles as well.

You also get that stretch at the bottom of the movement that makes it feel like you're really working your pecs.  With the barbell, most of the stress seems to end up on my front delts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com