#2926 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

Actually,on a serious note, I'm starting to get stretch marks around my biceps area. I can't find any good info online though on what to do other than a collagen and Vitamin A/E cream. Anyone else deal with this when starting back lifting? I've only been doing more weight for about 2 months as opposed to lots of reps at lower weight I was doing before to tone up. Should I stop moving up in weight till skin catches up?

#2927 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:49 AM

Actually,on a serious note, I'm starting to get stretch marks around my biceps area. I can't find any good info online though on what to do other than a collagen and Vitamin A/E cream. Anyone else deal with this when starting back lifting? I've only been doing more weight for about 2 months as opposed to lots of reps at lower weight I was doing before to tone up. Should I stop moving up in weight till skin catches up?

Your skin elasticity is genetics/diet. Throw that extra plate on there

#2928 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,094 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:21 PM

First workout after being sick is always the best to clear out the lungs.

Anyone here a cyclist? I need some new bikes

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#2929 thomas96

thomas96

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:21 PM

First workout after being sick is always the best to clear out the lungs.

Anyone here a cyclist? I need some new bikes

Talk to Stew he's an expert.

#2930 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,094 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

Talk to Stew he's an expert.

I want to actually go somewhere

#2931 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

Started in incorporating my own ab/core routine the past 2 weeks and I'm already seeing results. I've really started to cut down on my body fat %.

I purchased an ab wheel and use that sucker every day and then on days that I lift I do 3 sets of about 12 post workout on the ab wheel and in between those sets I do 30-40 seconds of HITT jumping rope. 

I commit every Thursday to running anywhere between 1-2 miles depending on how I feel but every session ends with me jumping rope up steep hills in the neighborhood. That works my lower core like nobodies business. Im starting to get the V 

My biceps are looking great and my lat pull downs have gone up to 225, which I think is pretty good for weighing 170 right now. Im also finally getting results with my chest. I've been using machines to slowly train my self to be able bench press comfortably and its working. I'm going to be a ripped mofo.

Edited by OneBadCat, 19 August 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#2932 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,412 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

Temps are back up in the high 90s and heat indices in the 100s so I've been hitting the late-afternoon outdoor running hard... There's something very satisfying about running in the heat like this. Losing the water weight and feeling firmer is a great mental 'win'.

#2933 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,987 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted Yesterday, 06:58 AM

Temps are back up in the high 90s and heat indices in the 100s so I've been hitting the late-afternoon outdoor running hard... There's something very satisfying about running in the heat like this. Losing the water weight and feeling firmer is a great mental 'win'.

I ran on Monday in the heat and plan on running again today.  As long as I can find shade to run in I'm fine.  Right now I've been going to the greenways which is about 90% shaded.  I've been stuck in an epic battle over the last couple of months of running with pain.  I never know when I need to rest and when I just need to suck it up and run through it.  It's so frustrating.

#2934 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,733 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted Yesterday, 01:20 PM

I haven't posted in here in a bit... just kind of rolling along with things.  Still been hitting the gym pretty hard.  

I'm currently off of creatine and trying to do a little more cardio than I was.

Today I'm in Charlotte and I'm going to hit the gym with Boo's bf Pnut... last time he tried to murder me so we'll see... :)

#2935 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,647 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:19 PM

Yeah I haven't posted lately either. Still going strong and still spending too much time in the plateaus. I knew the weight loss would slow down as I got smaller but it's still frustrating.

Probably need to find a way to incorporate an evening workout if I want to hit my goal weight by the end of the year. If I can pull it off I will have lost 100 pounds in 7 months. Which sounds a lot more accomplished than it seems in my head

#2936 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,136 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted Yesterday, 07:38 PM

Haven't posted lately, either.  Been going strong, though.  I'm really ramping up my cardio by doing the HIIT stuff with T25 and Insanity at home, then running to the gym from my apartment [~1 mi], and then lifting with little to no rest, i.e., supersetting everything.  I have really been focusing on my legs as of late, doing leg stuff about 3 days a week:  intense weight training one day, deadlifts another, and T25 lower focus another.  Keep it up, guys and gals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.