2873 replies to this topic

#931 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:41 AM

I've bought Assault a couple of times, kind of meh for me. Within the last several days MusclePharm came out with an Assault 2.0 that i'm yet to try, but am interested in it.

Noxipro is some good poo. I rarely get a pump during my workouts. In my past experiences with C4, N.O. Xplode, assault, etc. I only felt that Beta Alanine tingle. Noxipro actually gave me a pump. See if you can go to your local vitamin store and give it a try.

I will definitely look into Noxipro.  Somehow that one has managed to elude me.  Thanks!

Have you ever heard of Bullnox?  I've heard some pretty good things.

#932 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

I know its been discussed some throughout the thread, but is anyone aware of a concensus as to what happens if you intensely workout regularly, but you don't take in enough calories?

If you still have fat to lose, should it matter early on?

I believe I'm supposed to take in 2,600 and change a day. I haven't been counting my calories, I've just been eating cleaner and healthier. In the past, when I did try to meet that caloric intake, I end up feeling bloated and less motivated to workout and more motivated to hibernate. It just feels like way too much food and I feel as though I'm over-eating when I try to get that many calories and I've counted them.

I'm guessing that I'm getting between 1,500 and 2,500 on any given day. I also assume that to this point, I've been losing healthy weight, as throughout the week thd scale fluctuates but ultimately averages out to me losing one to two pounds a week, and I've lost 2-3 inches off my waist in about a month.

But, now I question if I'm getting enough b/c I've started month 2 of insanity where the intensity definitely ramps up and I feel as sore as I can remember being since starting it. I'm talking legs, triceps, shoulders, ribcage... pretty much everything.

I'm just curious b/c I don't want to be counter all the good I'm doing if I'm not getting enough cals. Although I know I read at some point that the whole "your body will start eating away at muscle to compensate" is a myth...

#933 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,558 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

in general: build muscle or lose weight, pick one

count your calories, get an app for your phone to help.  It will make a world of difference.

This thread on bb.com really helped me out figuring out what I need. http://forum.bodybui...php?t=121703981

I decided to bulk exactly a month ago, put on 3.5 pounds from that time.  Definite muscle gains, minimal fat added.

#934 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,558 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

Also like a complete nerd I've been tracking my bulking progress.... gainz

bulk%20progress_080713.png

https://docs.google....QUE&usp=sharing

#935 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

That's awesome Jase. So, which of those formulas from the bb post did you use?

#936 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,558 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

Katch-McArdle using the BF% from my bathroom scale, granted the BF% probably isn't accurate, but it seems to be working okay so far.

#937 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

OK, cool...  I have BF Calipers as well as the scale, so I'll see what I can come up with.

#938 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

I will definitely look into Noxipro. Somehow that one has managed to elude me. Thanks!

Have you ever heard of Bullnox? I've heard some pretty good things.

I have assault and Condense that I am using Now. Not real big on either although condense taste really really good. I always go back to 1mr

#939 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

I have assault and Condense that I am using Now. Not real big on either although condense taste really really good. I always go back to 1mr

I haven't taken 1.M.R. in well over a year.  Maybe I will give that one a shot again.

#940 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

It's really the only thing that gives me a notable gain. Everything else just makes me tingly or hot but no real extra push.

#941 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

Question about the calorie stuff again... Anyway, I punched my info in the MyFitnessPal app and it is giving me this weird breakdown for the carbs, proteins, and fats... it has like 55% carbs, which seems counter intuitive. Furthermore, I'm already at 53% for the day on carbs, and then it has me over on proteins by 22 grams... it makes no sense. And I can't find anywhere to adjust it. I thought you want to take in more protein if you are leaning out or bulking.

Second, it asks my level of activity. I stay at home with my kids during the day, so I'm not doing much physically during that time, but insanity is pretty strenuous for an hour a day, so I think it makes up for it. So, should I be choosing sedentary or very active?

And for anyone else using MFP, are the automatic calories assigned to you from your goals pretty accurate? Under the very active setting, it has me needing around 2,000... but as I said, the macros seem quite off.

#942 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,613 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

I haven't taken 1.M.R. in well over a year.  Maybe I will give that one a shot again.

I've been on C4 prior to my vacation this week but before that I was on Friction... I liked it a lot.

1.M.R. tastes like vomit... I could hardly choke it down, but it works too.

#943 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,403 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

Question about the calorie stuff again... Anyway, I punched my info in the MyFitnessPal app and it is giving me this weird breakdown for the carbs, proteins, and fats... it has like 55% carbs, which seems counter intuitive. Furthermore, I'm already at 53% for the day on carbs, and then it has me over on proteins by 22 grams... it makes no sense. And I can't find anywhere to adjust it. I thought you want to take in more protein if you are leaning out or bulking.

Second, it asks my level of activity. I stay at home with my kids during the day, so kind I'm not doing much physically during that time, but insanity is pretty strenuous for an hour a day, so I think it makes up for it. So, should I be choosing sedentary or very active?

And for anyone else using MFP, are the automatic calories assigned to you from your goals pretty accurate? Under the very active setting, it has me needing around 2,000... but as I said, the macros seem quite off.

I don't have the app, but I just try to maintain a simplistic 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein and carbs to fat. (protein is useless without carbs to break it down) Easier said than done!

EVen if you are moderately active, you will need more than 2000 calories a day. Maybe there are sex/height/weight adjustments you can make?

#944 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:51 AM

I've been on C4 prior to my vacation this week but before that I was on Friction... I liked it a lot.

1.M.R. tastes like vomit... I could hardly choke it down, but it works too.

Yea. I really liked C4.  That's what I was using before Assault.  1.M.R. doesn't taste good, but I'm not too concerned with taste.

#945 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:19 AM

Second, it asks my level of activity. I stay at home with my kids during the day, so I'm not doing much physically during that time, but insanity is pretty strenuous for an hour a day, so I think it makes up for it. So, should I be choosing sedentary or very active?

Are you sitting most of the day? Are you cleaning house?

I wore my heart rate monitor while cleaning on and you'd be surprised how many calories I burned my heart rate was between 103-130 while cleaning for a few hours.

Sitting and lying down are stationary.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.