Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cracka McNasty

Cam Newton one of NFC's most Overrated Players

113 posts in this topic

it's not just the lockout part....Cam had a new coach, a new OC, and plays the harded position in football.

lol at that article..what Cam did was amazing

1 person likes this

You watching all the games makes Newton a touch passer? Your first set of examples were bad throws, LaFell with Washington and Olsen with Green Bay are better. Even with these throws he is still inaccurate because he does not keep his feet under him. Since you watched ALL the games go back and look at what I am talking about.

"stoner420" maybe when the smoke clears you'll be able to see my point

you claimed that he needs to work on his touch and accuracy...i say thats nonsense.. he made plenty of soft accurate passes. He doesnt keep his feet under him? i forgot that in every situation in the nfl you are required to use perfect mechanics and form. NO WAY you can improvise and just be an athlete to get the job done. His footwork is excellent "in the eye of the storm"...coming from a former QB in the NFL. Your point of view is blurred/hazy/incorrect. Not many fans in the NFL???? what planet are you living on?

Hatorade for stoner420

if Cam Newton is one of the most overrated, Chris Gamble's season last year was one of the most vastly underrated. yes I am still very bitter.

1 person likes this

KC Joyner article written in August of 2009:

When one looks at a single postseason game, it might make sense to ditch Delhomme and go in another direction. When the entirety of the circumstances and metrics are taken into account, it is quite easy to see why Panthers management stuck by Delhomme. He’s not just the best quarterback they have – he is still one of the best quarterbacks in the league.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/20/in-defense-of-delhomme/

I bet you if you ask the guy for a more accurate rookie he would say Dalton, oblivious that Cam had a better completion %.

Those are impressive marks on their face but they are quantity-based and occurred after a lockout-truncated offseason. As I mentioned in my fantasy football draft guide, the lockout hurt defenses' ability to practice blitzes, which was a primary factor in why passing offenses were so explosive early on.

images2-1.jpg

Just to remind those who insist on posting KC Joyner articles, here is a list of his Cam-related pieces dating back to April of 2011:

Cam Newton isn't a first-round pick

The former Auburn QB has several glaring flaws similar to The Golden Calf of Bristol

Cam Newton's many hurdles

Seven more reasons Newton could have a very difficult NFL transition

Patrick Peterson should go No. 1

The former LSU CB is a better pick than either Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert

Pass Plays: Don't buy hype on Cam Newton, Plaxico Burress

Andy Dalton is NFL's top rookie

Cam Newton has been impressive, but the Rookie of the Year isn't about hype

Why Robert Griffin III can beat Cam Newton's rookie passing record

NFC's most overrated players

Cam Newton, Michael Bush among players whose hype exceeds performance

And with that, let's please stop giving this man the time of day.

5 people like this

yes, the rookie of the year award is too about "hype" if by "hype" you mean an individual performance over the course of the season. it's a freaking individual award for chrissakes, not a team one - should henry hynoski have won it because his team won the super bowl?

"stoner420" maybe when the smoke clears you'll be able to see my point

you claimed that he needs to work on his touch and accuracy...i say thats nonsense.. he made plenty of soft accurate passes. He doesnt keep his feet under him? i forgot that in every situation in the nfl you are required to use perfect mechanics and form. NO WAY you can improvise and just be an athlete to get the job done. His footwork is excellent "in the eye of the storm"...coming from a former QB in the NFL. Your point of view is blurred/hazy/incorrect. Not many fans in the NFL???? what planet are you living on?

Hatorade for stoner420

You could count on one hand the amount of fans that he had before the NFL draft but I forgot that everyone's a genius in foresight.