112 replies to this topic

#76 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

potential to be an elite passer, greatest rookie ever, makes some great throws =! HAS NOTHING TO WORK ON AT ALL.

don't be so sensitive. I understand getting annoyed at KC Joyner saying he's overrated (how can a one year player, who broke rookie records, really be overrated? very few people have him THAT high in their QB lists), but there's no reason to get pissy at other posters who acknowledge Cam still has some working to do (and he knows it, and he's working).

Fans here have him overrated

#77 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

didn't know people read articles written by kc joyner

#78 InBreesWeTrust

InBreesWeTrust

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

KC Joyner sees Cam Newton for the 1-year wonder he is.

#79 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

Fans here have him overrated

Fans of every team tend to overrate their starting QB when they have a good season. KC Joyner has consistently downplayed what Cam has done. He also knows that is going to get him links and hits and people complaining about him, which I think is part of why he does it.

#80 Simple and Plain

Simple and Plain

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Joyner is fuggin obsessed with Cam. It is amazing. I remember his Dalton for ROY article showed how Dalton had a slight edge in two or three obscure categories and had more wins. He didn't mention Cam had already set the single season rushing TD mark for QBs or his rushing ability, basically the very thing that sets Cam apart from 99% of QBs.

#81 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,021 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

What is sad is that I knew this was KC Joyner before I even found it over at ESPN.

KC Joyner is a want to be genius who is actually a floundering, contrarian idiot. Keep in mind that this is the same guy that said Cam Newton shouldn't be drafted in the first round by cherry picking a couple of bad throws from his season at Auburn, and then midway through the season wrote that Dalton was better than Cam Newton and cherry picked some analytical statistics to try to make it stick.

http://insider.espn....%26id%3d6178028

http://insider.espn....-year-award-nfl

Also keep in mind that he once called our offense a "dink and dunk" offense, proving that he hasn't watched one fugging game and just crunches numbers, and then cherry picks out of those numbers to make himself seem intelligent to other people.

It is amazing how the truncated offseason so severely crippled these defensive players. Especially since every team we played in those first 6 games were against coaches that had been with their respective teams for a while. Did every defensive player suddenly forget the entire playbooks of the coaches they had for years and magically forget how and when to blitz?? I played sports and after the offseason I might be a little rusty on the playbook, but it usually came back to me in 5 minutes. It is a bullpoo excuse, especially when you consider the fact that Cam, a rookieQB, had to learn a whole playbook that he had never seen before in that same truncated offseason then face defenses with returning coaches.

He has zero or less credibility and people would actually be smarter if they quit reading his crap.

#82 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

Fans of every team tend to overrate their starting QB when they have a good season. KC Joyner has consistently downplayed what Cam has done. He also knows that is going to get him links and hits and people complaining about him, which I think is part of why he does it.

I'm sure he knows exactly what you said and that was why he wrote it. He knows there are plenty of Panthers fans who think Cam is already the best QB ever and they will spread that article around everywhere to bitch about it. Take this thread for example. If no one was acting like Cam has already won 10 MVPs this wouldn't be an article.

#83 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

KC Joyner sees Cam Newton for the 1-year wonder he is.

I see you are fishing. Contract get signed yet?

#84 InBreesWeTrust

InBreesWeTrust

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

I see you are fishing. Contract get signed yet?

He's due in next week.

#85 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

He's due in next week.

I wonder where I heard that before???????

#86 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

i thought he was underrated all everyone talked about was The Golden Calf of Bristol this year and didnt notice how good cam was

#87 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

wow, you guys got really butthurt about this article.

I'm glad I posted it.

#88 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,396 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

Cam Newton is overrated.

Sounds like a man who knows his team is soon to be an afterthought for about the next decade....

Newton isn't overrated. His record breaking season got little play as the major media opted to turn The Golden Calf of Bristol into the storyline he has become...

#89 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,848 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

Kind of irrelevant to the topic, but kind of relevant. Cam is 'overrated' in NFLN top 100. I knew the haters with no lives would vote cam overrated.

#90 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

Vick's game? Why would he do that....they aren't alike. Vick is a slim china doll that runs away from people with a big arm. Cam presents a completely unique matchup problem than Vick.

Im guessing you quoted the wrong person?? I didnt mention Vickles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com