• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#1 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

Supreme Court is expected to issue its ruling on Obama Care.

So what are your thoughts on what that ruling will be? WIll it be struck down entirely, or upheld, or will parts of it be struck down?

My guess is that most of it will be left intact, but that the mandatory provision will be struck down but the rest of it will be left alone.

Btw, its interesting that the SC is releasing its ruling on its last day before adjournment. Seems like they want to get out of town quickly. :)

#2 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,154 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

I believe the mandate will be struck down. As much as I'd want it to...I don't think that because the mandate is struck down that the entire Obamacare bill can be struck down. Although, IMHO, the fact that it was passed via reconcilation which requires budget neutrality AND the fact the mandate was a huge part of that funding....should mean the entire bill thrown out. But that's just me.

Holder's contempt vote tomorrow as well and today a democrat announces he will vote for the contempt charge.

#3 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

I dont like Obamacare. I think that healthcare should be 100% free, and I dont like all of the bureaucracy in the middle of it, and insurance companies that will make the process more complicated.

People should be able to see a doctor if they are sick, or should be able to go to the hospital if they are injured or dying. That is the way that human beings treated each other for thousands of years, but now only the wealthy can afford adequate care.

People used to take care of each other in the community, but now everything is all about money. Nobody ever does anything anymore because it is the 'right thing to do', instead, it is all about "how much money can I make?'. We have been desensitized to the needy, sick and poor, and it is disgusting.

#4 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

I believe the mandate will be struck down. As much as I'd want it to...I don't think that because the mandate is struck down that the entire Obamacare bill can be struck down. Although, IMHO, the fact that it was passed via reconcilation which requires budget neutrality AND the fact the mandate was a huge part of that funding....should mean the entire bill thrown out. But that's just me.

I agree with you on the outcome.

But there are aspects of it that I like, such as being able to keep my child on my healthcare plan until age 26. So I hope the entire thing isn't struck down.

#5 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

I dont like Obamacare. I think that healthcare should be 100% free, and I dont like all of the bureaucracy in the middle of it, and insurance companies that will make the process more complicated.

People should be able to see a doctor if they are sick, or should be able to go to the hospital if they are injured or dying. That is the way that human beings treated each other for thousands of years, but now only the wealthy can afford adequate care.

People used to take care of each other in the community, but now everything is all about money. Nobody ever does anything anymore because it is the 'right thing to do', instead, it is all about "how much money can I make?'. We have been desensitized to the needy, sick and poor, and it is disgusting.

I think you have an idealized and inaccurate version of our past. Doctors have nearly always required some form of payment. In the ancient times, payment might have been in the form of a meal, or even a roof over one's head for a few days, but there has always been some form of payment. I much prefer today's medicine over medical practices in the past. Mainly because I actually want it to work.

#6 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,154 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

But wait...there might be a problem. It seems that they, Obama/Pelosi/Reid, forgot to put a no-severability clause in the bill.

So...that means of a portion is ruled unconstitutional the rest cannot stand. But this is the Obama administration that will probably just executive order the provisions that everyone likes. Because he's got swag obviously.

#7 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,793 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

Good try G5, everyone already knows that the Republicans are going to vote to keep "the parts that people like" and the insurance companies have already decided to keep a lot of what they have changed or have committed to change already.

Health Care is going to improve for everyone despite what happens tomorrow, and all you stupid righties are doing is delaying the inevitable while making sure as many people as possible suffer along the way in order to "defeat Obama" so really screw you

#8 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,154 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

Good try G5, everyone already knows that the Republicans are going to vote to keep "the parts that people like" and the insurance companies have already decided to keep a lot of what they have changed or have committed to change already.

Health Care is going to improve for everyone despite what happens tomorrow, and all you stupid righties are doing is delaying the inevitable while making sure as many people as possible suffer along the way in order to "defeat Obama" so really screw you

Here's the thing...good ideas should go through and be voted on. The part where the Senate said screw the House version (which had a severability clause)...we're going with our version (that didn't have a severability clause) and passing it via reconciliation could've all been avoided by going to committee and working on it. Or compromise and move a couple of Rs to Obamacare's side without bribing (aka Nelson payoff).

If everyone feels <26 should be covered? Great. If preexisting condition coverage IF you can prove you've maintained insurance the whole time prior? Great. Vote on it and pass it. It would probably pass overwhelmingly.

Add in portability across state lines and people will get even happier.

#9 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,793 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

G5 you are completely delusional and seem to have forgotten what happened less than 2 years ago. Compromise LOL the entire thing was a compromise and consisted of a freaking Republican created plan. The reason there was no compromise had nothing to do with the plan and everything to do with a certain Kenyan Mooslim wanting it passed.

#10 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

If preexisting condition coverage IF you can prove you've maintained insurance the whole time prior? Great.

I guess that is what Jesus would have done too... "I will heal your sicknesses if you paid your Roman taxes"...

It is so funny that The GOP acts like they are so Christian, but when it comes to humanitarian issues, they show that their real agenda is that human well-being should be decided on how much money you make.

They actually make me sick to be honest.

#11 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,154 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

I guess that is what Jesus would have done too... "I will heal your sicknesses if you paid your Roman taxes"...

It is so funny that The GOP acts like they are so Christian, but when it comes to humanitarian issues, they show that their real agenda is that human well-being should be decided on how much money you make.

They actually make me sick to be honest.

Do you wait until your house floods then call your insurance agent to add flood coverage? There are certain provisions even in Obamacare that handle preexisting conditions. You cannot just take a gamble and then buy coverage the moment you're diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer.

The preexisting clause is to fix it for people that have to switch insurance agencies and make sure their prior ailment is covered.

#12 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,204 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

About 80% of it is crap and should be thrown out.

If Hillary had done it right years ago, we might have had the good things already in place. Why is it that Dems want to "change the world" instead of just fix the smaller problems?

Newt worked with Bubba, but Newt and Hillary could not get it done. Nothing in government should ever be as far reaching as this debacle. Nothing but a 2500 page invitation for fraud and waste.

#13 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

I know that those on the left think it should be ok'd and even expanded on, while those on the right think it should be struck down.

The question is, what do you think actually will happen?

#14 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,204 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

Who knows what they will do after the AZ rulings. Conventional wisdom not so wise it seems

#15 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

Well, I heard Vegas is giving 2 1/2 to the overturners. Not sure if I should take the points. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.