Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Davidson Deac II

Big day for the president tomorrow

226 posts in this topic

I guess that is what Jesus would have done too... "I will heal your sicknesses if you paid your Roman taxes"...

It is so funny that The GOP acts like they are so Christian, but when it comes to humanitarian issues, they show that their real agenda is that human well-being should be decided on how much money you make.

They actually make me sick to be honest.

Do you wait until your house floods then call your insurance agent to add flood coverage? There are certain provisions even in Obamacare that handle preexisting conditions. You cannot just take a gamble and then buy coverage the moment you're diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer.

The preexisting clause is to fix it for people that have to switch insurance agencies and make sure their prior ailment is covered.

About 80% of it is crap and should be thrown out.

If Hillary had done it right years ago, we might have had the good things already in place. Why is it that Dems want to "change the world" instead of just fix the smaller problems?

Newt worked with Bubba, but Newt and Hillary could not get it done. Nothing in government should ever be as far reaching as this debacle. Nothing but a 2500 page invitation for fraud and waste.

I know that those on the left think it should be ok'd and even expanded on, while those on the right think it should be struck down.

The question is, what do you think actually will happen?

Who knows what they will do after the AZ rulings. Conventional wisdom not so wise it seems

Well, I heard Vegas is giving 2 1/2 to the overturners. Not sure if I should take the points. :)

I know that those on the left think it should be ok'd and even expanded on, while those on the right think it should be struck down.

The question is, what do you think actually will happen?

yes those of us on the left love "private mandates" and other massive giveaways to the private sector

people on the left wanted, and still want, single payer, so i don't see how you "know that that those on the left think obamacare should be ok'd and even expanded on"

Lawyer buddy thinks it's partial overturn...no ruling on state's/medicare reimbursement. Mandate strikedown. Intent of severability was there in House version, but due to "technicality" didn't make to final version, so no complete strikedown. Which I find horsecrap...but these judges are going to catch hell regardless of their decision.

but these judges are going to catch hell regardless of their decision.

That is definitely true. Probably why they are releasing the decision on their last day of the session, so they can get the hell out of town.

dear davidson deac,

please explain to the class why the left thinks that "obamacare" should be "ok'd and even expanded upon"*

*difficulty: "the left" doesn't include every fuging person to the left of you. you are not at the center of the political spectrum.

I guess that is what Jesus would have done too... "I will heal your sicknesses if you paid your Roman taxes"...

It is so funny that The GOP acts like they are so Christian, but when it comes to humanitarian issues, they show that their real agenda is that human well-being should be decided on how much money you make.

They actually make me sick to be honest.

Thought you guys did not believe in God and religion.....now you use Jesus to try and make a point.

Nice try.