#1 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,271 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

http://www.rotoworld...cam-locker?pg=2

I think Newton's passing stats tailed off down the stretch because Steve Smith, Legedu Naanee, and Brandon LaFell simply weren't creating enough separation down the football field. Opponents were deathly afraid of Smith, using bracket coverage to keep him contained. Naanee was the weakest skill-position player on the field in both games I reviewed. A stiff, straight-line guy with little post-catch wiggle and zero vertical tools, Naanee was the only difficult-to-watch Panther.

What is clear: Newton is a dominant, game-breaking talent. Even when his wide receivers failed to create bomb opportunities, Newton's playmaking ability shined through. He accounted for six all-purpose touchdowns and 548 total yards in the two games, and Carolina scored 71 points. Newton is Roethlisberger-like with his ability to break free from two-arm tackles and fire off rocket balls after quickly setting his feet. There isn't a more exciting young player in football right now.

#2 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationCharleston, South Carolina

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

"in BOTH games I reviewed"

/thread

#3 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

obviously whoever wrote this did their homework!

#4 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

Naanee was pure poo, couldn't catch a pass in the clutch to save his fuging life. Glad that underachiever is down in Miami.

#5 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

But but but KC Joyner!!!

#6 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

Newton is Roethlisberger-like with his ability to break free from two-arm tackles and fire off rocket balls after quickly setting his feet.

Not the first QB that would come to my mind when thinking of people to compare Cam to, but when you think about it, it strangely fits. At least in the regard that they are both big dudes who are hard to bring down. Cam's got the toughness of Big Ben with the agility of Darren Sproles though.

#7 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,271 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

"in BOTH games I reviewed"

/thread

Two games out of eight or so is a decent sample size. Most people go by highlights.

#8 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,726 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

The passing game leveled out because the run game improved and we relied on the option for more of our offense. For the most part we maintained our scoring average and that is the only offensive stat that really counts, points for. It doesn't really matter how you score them as long as you keep scoring particularly in the fourth quarter. That is where we have some work to do. We scored lots of points but couldn't always score when we needed to in order to win. If we are going to be a playoff team then we need to be an opportunistic and aggressive team on offense and defense. Something we didn't do enough of last year.

#9 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,187 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

Cam could go this entire season without passing for 300 yards and it would be a good thing because our running game is clicking.

#10 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

Two games out of eight or so is a decent sample size. Most people go by highlights.

Is the article only considering home games? Either way .. not enough to make such conclusive statements

#11 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

hes stats werent as good at the end of the season but it doesnt mean he wasnt as good..his stats went down because we used are run game and were winning so he didnt need to do as much

#12 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

hes stats werent as good at the end of the season but it doesnt mean he wasnt as good..his stats went down because we used are run game and were winning so he didnt need to do as much

Cam could go this entire season without passing for 300 yards and it would be a good thing because our running game is clicking.

I think this was the point (or perhaps along the same lines of the same point) that Alex Smith was trying to make but came across as a semi inarticulate douche.

#13 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

Not the first QB that would come to my mind when thinking of people to compare Cam to, but when you think about it, it strangely fits. At least in the regard that they are both big dudes who are hard to bring down. Cam's got the toughness of Big Ben with the agility of Darren Sproles though.

I don't think he's as tough as big ben. He really shows it on his face when he gets roughed up.

#14 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,187 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

I don't think he's as tough as big ben. He really shows it on his face when he gets roughed up.

Facial expressions? are we back to that?! Next it will be the towel!

#15 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

No that is disgust, I can't believe that dude caught me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com