Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rotoworld Revisits Cam's Late-Season "Slump"

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Damn all these 2011 analyses showing up now. Please hurry up 2012 season.

Posted

I just hop our running game doesn't take half the year to get going, if we get off the bus week 1 and run the ball well, we can control the clock, and not put so much pressure on Cam to have to score every drive. Then naturally Cam passing numbers will go down. If teams want to drop 2 safeties back to stop the deep ball, we gotta run the ball.

Hopefully the line Gels early on, so we can pretty much dictate how defenses have to play us, not allow DEF take away one element of are offense and make us one-sided.

Posted

I just hop our running game doesn't take half the year to get going, if we get off the bus week 1 and run the ball well, we can control the clock, and not put so much pressure on Cam to have to score every drive. Then naturally Cam passing numbers will go down. If teams want to drop 2 safeties back to stop the deep ball, we gotta run the ball.

Hopefully the line Gels early on, so we can pretty much dictate how defenses have to play us, not allow DEF take away one element of are offense and make us one-sided.

It seems like our running game always starts slow. This may be true around the league, and I suspect it has to do with offensive lines building some chemistry.

My expectations are we throw the ball quite a bit the first few weeks, not unlike 2011. That's not all bad as it will give us a chance to get some rhythm going between Cam and our receivers.

Posted

Evan silva (the guy who wrote this) was on the Mac attack the other day and stressed that naanee was one of the worst starting WRs in the nfl and that not having him out there will be addition by subtraction. Said that Smitty was often triple teamed. He said that the speed of gettis would really open up the field for the offense this year and lafell's continued emergence will allow cams passing to shine.

Posted

The passing game leveled out because the run game improved and we relied on the option for more of our offense. For the most part we maintained our scoring average and that is the only offensive stat that really counts, points for. It doesn't really matter how you score them as long as you keep scoring particularly in the fourth quarter. That is where we have some work to do. We scored lots of points but couldn't always score when we needed to in order to win. If we are going to be a playoff team then we need to be an opportunistic and aggressive team on offense and defense. Something we didn't do enough of last year.

I have to slightly disagree to an extent... Our Defense being better than 20fugin8th and all those points we score early = wins w/out the need for 4 quarter heriocs then there is this:

2 mare missed kicks when Cam did lead us on critical drives for points.

There is nothing really flawed in what you said but when you score SOO friggin much in a game and you still need to do it late in the fourth your D blows. I will concede that agianst teams like NewEngland, Green Bay and the AInts* you may have to have all your early and late points.

In the end I guess I'm saying how can you fault the Offense for not scoring in the last 4 mins if they already put up 30+

Posted

No doubt the defense was responsible for the late game collapses in several contests but it is a team game. If the opponent scores 30 points and you want to win you have to score 31 or you lose, doesn't matter whose fault it is because a loss is a loss no mater who was responsible.

Posted

Naanee was pure poo, couldn't catch a pass in the clutch to save his fuging life. Glad that underachiever is down in Miami.

3 teams in 3 years. There ya go....