#16 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

I don't think he's as tough as big ben. He really shows it on his face when he gets roughed up.

I always thought those looks were him getting pissed at the other team and about to take over, like "how dare you make me bleed my own blood!" :D

#17 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

I don't think he's as tough as big ben. He really shows it on his face when he gets roughed up.

That's fair. He's as tough to bring down as Ben, I guess is what I meant. He could be as tough as him overall too, but we really won't know until we see him playing with a sprained ankle or cracked rib or something. Hopefully Cam's never in the situation, but I feel like his determination and drive to win are such that he would play through pain.

#18 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

That 2nd bucs game he was really geting nicked up which went unnoticed for the most part because we were destroying them but it's very obvious when you rewatch the games.

He got his helmet ripped up into his nose which seemed to really smart, then 1-2 plays later he tried to run out of bound and avoid dekoda watson(i wanted to draft that guy) and he threw up his left arm almost like he was trying to get skinner and got nailed right in the rib cage. He threw a TD like a play or two later but he looked really uncomfortable after all that.

Might be due to his age. He'll learn to pretend things don't hurt soon enough.

#19 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,939 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

Cam could go this entire season without passing for 300 yards and it would be a good thing because our running game is clicking.

I hope he throws for 300 a few times, personally. It's fun to watch.

#20 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

** DeAngelo Williams looked better than I expected. Stewart has developed into a superior back, but Williams is still a high-quality runner, particularly when he reaches the perimeter.

#21 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

Cam made so many highlights they couldn't all fit on one video.

#22 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 14,737 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

Newton has an absolute rocket arm, and it's his greatest attribute. It's the trait that instills the fear of god into defenses -- not his running ability. Cam isn't the most accurate thrower in the short to intermediate, but he tosses a powerful, picturesque deep ball. And Newton isn't the least bit afraid to challenge deep. He'll rip it long whenever receivers get open. His eyes are constantly downfield.

I think it moved..

#23 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

Not the first QB that would come to my mind when thinking of people to compare Cam to, but when you think about it, it strangely fits. At least in the regard that they are both big dudes who are hard to bring down. Cam's got the toughness of Big Ben with the agility of Darren Sproles though.

when i saw him play at auburn and when we were first discussing him on these boards, i was describing him as a very mobile big ben. lots of others were saying the same thing. imo, that's still one of the best comparisons.

#24 Panther_Brotherhood

Panther_Brotherhood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

I personally would love to see Cam just carve up defenses with 300 passing yards and 50+ Rushing YPG. Would definitely be video game like

#25 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

Damn all these 2011 analyses showing up now. Please hurry up 2012 season.

#26 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

I just hop our running game doesn't take half the year to get going, if we get off the bus week 1 and run the ball well, we can control the clock, and not put so much pressure on Cam to have to score every drive. Then naturally Cam passing numbers will go down. If teams want to drop 2 safeties back to stop the deep ball, we gotta run the ball.

Hopefully the line Gels early on, so we can pretty much dictate how defenses have to play us, not allow DEF take away one element of are offense and make us one-sided.

#27 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:00 AM

I just hop our running game doesn't take half the year to get going, if we get off the bus week 1 and run the ball well, we can control the clock, and not put so much pressure on Cam to have to score every drive. Then naturally Cam passing numbers will go down. If teams want to drop 2 safeties back to stop the deep ball, we gotta run the ball.

Hopefully the line Gels early on, so we can pretty much dictate how defenses have to play us, not allow DEF take away one element of are offense and make us one-sided.

It seems like our running game always starts slow. This may be true around the league, and I suspect it has to do with offensive lines building some chemistry.

My expectations are we throw the ball quite a bit the first few weeks, not unlike 2011. That's not all bad as it will give us a chance to get some rhythm going between Cam and our receivers.

#28 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:55 AM

Evan silva (the guy who wrote this) was on the Mac attack the other day and stressed that naanee was one of the worst starting WRs in the nfl and that not having him out there will be addition by subtraction. Said that Smitty was often triple teamed. He said that the speed of gettis would really open up the field for the offense this year and lafell's continued emergence will allow cams passing to shine.

#29 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

The passing game leveled out because the run game improved and we relied on the option for more of our offense. For the most part we maintained our scoring average and that is the only offensive stat that really counts, points for. It doesn't really matter how you score them as long as you keep scoring particularly in the fourth quarter. That is where we have some work to do. We scored lots of points but couldn't always score when we needed to in order to win. If we are going to be a playoff team then we need to be an opportunistic and aggressive team on offense and defense. Something we didn't do enough of last year.

I have to slightly disagree to an extent... Our Defense being better than 20fugin8th and all those points we score early = wins w/out the need for 4 quarter heriocs then there is this:
2 mare missed kicks when Cam did lead us on critical drives for points.

There is nothing really flawed in what you said but when you score SOO friggin much in a game and you still need to do it late in the fourth your D blows. I will concede that agianst teams like NewEngland, Green Bay and the AInts* you may have to have all your early and late points.

In the end I guess I'm saying how can you fault the Offense for not scoring in the last 4 mins if they already put up 30+

#30 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,113 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

No doubt the defense was responsible for the late game collapses in several contests but it is a team game. If the opponent scores 30 points and you want to win you have to score 31 or you lose, doesn't matter whose fault it is because a loss is a loss no mater who was responsible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.