Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sapper

First/Best/Worst concerts.

Sapper    1,298

First: Talking Heads

Best: Tom Petty

Worst: Allman Brothers (as they are today).

first: Jimi Hendrix... woodstock

best: AC/DC... '79 Bon Scott was amazing

worst: Justin Beiber... I lost a bet with my wife & had to take my 12-year old granddaughter.

Anybodyhome    4,736

First: Jefferson Airplane in Golden Gate Park 1969

Best: (3-way tie) The Last Waltz 1976, The Who in Madison Square Garden 2002, The Original California Jam 1974

Worst: Def Leppard a few years back in Charlotte (Auto-tuned and engineered to the point of total fake).

SCP    30,419

First: Cinderella and White Snake at UNCW's Trask Coliseum. They were there for Azalea Fest. I must have been 12 or 13.

Best: Emerlad Isle Beach Music Fest 1995 (the music was an afterthought)

Worst: Kid Rock & Cheryl Crow

I've also enjoyed all the Wide Spread Panic shows I've been to.

My wife is from Cadilac, MI and KISS came to her town and spent a week there and played a free concert at the high school in 1975. She was too young to remember but her brother said it was unbelievable.

Sapper    1,298

First: Jefferson Airplane in Golden Gate Park 1969

Best: (3-way tie) The Last Waltz 1976, The Who in Madison Square Garden 2002, The Original California Jam 1974

Worst: Def Leppard a few years back in Charlotte (Auto-tuned and engineered to the point of total fake).

9 arms that sucked?

First: Matchbox 20

Best: B.o.B

Worst: Gym Class Heroes (Although, it wasn't them. Travie McCoy was an amazing performer and it was so much better than I anticipated. The problem was the sound was so beyond terrible, you couldn't make out what was going on half the time.)

Yes, I know I'm young.

g5jamz    1,125

First: Poison/Tesla

Best: Lollapalooza 1992 (Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, RHCP, and others), recent history...Zac Brown Band

Worst: Poison/Tesla

lightsout    2,443

First: Alice In Chains, Winston-Salem (I think) 2006

Best: Tie between the above and Hurt's acoustic show back in February in Raleigh

Worst: Some country artist my girlfriend at the time wanted to see in Wilmington last summer.

jasonluckydog    5,027

First: Poison/ Warrant in Columbia great show but was creeped out that the bassist of Poison was staring me down like a piece of meat dude wanted me and I was 13 or 14 at the time.

Best: Tie AC/DC at the North Charleston Coliseum or The Faith No More/ Metallica/ Guns n Roses concert at Williams Brice Stadium

Worst: Cinderella/Extreme/ Davis Lee Roth concert at Ladson Fairgrounds wasn't that the show was bad but 100 degree weather all day almost killed me ( I was taken to Trident Hospital after passing out from the heat and booze)

CarolinaNCSU    5,234

First: Jimmy Buffet

Best: 2nd Jimmy concert...front row, for free. Can't beat free.

Worst: Counting Crows/Maroon 5 or Martina McBride (Both with an ex-girlfriend)

jasonluckydog    5,027

First: Cinderella and White Snake at UNCW's Trask Coliseum. They were there for Azalea Fest. I must have been 12 or 13.

Best: Emerlad Isle Beach Music Fest 1995 (the music was an afterthought)

Worst: Kid Rock & Cheryl Crow

I've also enjoyed all the Wide Spread Panic shows I've been to.

My wife is from Cadilac, MI and KISS came to her town and spent a week there and played a free concert at the high school in 1975. She was too young to remember but her brother said it was unbelievable.

I seen them a few times at the Music Farm ..

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    vv83