34 replies to this topic

#1 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,180 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

That within 5 years, the game we all love will be severely crippled, changed to the point that fans fall away, or at worse outlawed in it's current form.

http://profootballta...ss-of-function/

#2 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,551 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

This is way outside the norm. He could have had a disorder that the head trauma may have accelerated.

#3 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

So he's crazy as fug and wants to sue the league. I know plenty of people who are crazy as fug, they don't play in the NFL. People are eating faces nowadayz too, did they all play in the NFL? This Sears guy can fug off

#4 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,730 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

damn bucs fuging up everything

#5 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

without fans their is no nfl soo dont worry

#6 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

These bullsh!t lawsuits will be dismissed. Soon, the NFL will make all the players sign waivers saying, "Yes I realize there is potential danger."
Otherwise they can turn down the millions of dollars and go teach PE with their degrees they got for free.

#7 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

Someone with a lot more legal acumen will have to explain to me how the NFL or the Bucs are responsible for a condition that, if its football related, is likely the result of a lifetime of behavior. if you figure 3 years of Pop Warner ball followed by 2 years of JV, 2 years varsity high school, 3-4 years of NCAA ball, and 2 more at the top - it seems to me to be a hard case to make that the NFL or the Bucs are very culpable.

This is a pattern of behavior that Mr Sears dedicated his life to long before the NFL or the Bucs were anything more than a dream to him.

#8 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

waivers wouldn't protect the league.

if minor changes can be made to make the game safer and reduce the long term effects of the punishment these guys go through for our enjoyment then they should be made.

in spite of all the changes that have been made that people whine about on a daily basis, the game is still fun to watch.

there will be more changes made, i'm sure, to try and protect the players (and the league from lawsuits) but we'll all still be watching...at least most of us will be. the rest of you....meh.

#9 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

These bullsh!t lawsuits will be dismissed. Soon, the NFL will make all the players sign waivers saying, "Yes I realize there is potential danger." Otherwise they can turn down the millions of dollars and go teach PE with their degrees they got for free.

I agree. I think we'll see a waiver system set up that makes potential players acknowledge the risks involved with playing pro football. But to think the game will shrivel up and die is ludicrous. The potential profits will outweigh the potential risks for most players. And for every player who is having difficulties now, I would be interested in knowing how many are not (as a percentage of all former players, I mean).

#10 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

Without the NFL these jokers could not even afford legal counsel. This is such bullshit. I've walked down the middle of the street several times, I got rage issues, sometimes I'm sad. My point here is that I am unstable as fug, but I have yet to sue pizza hut for all those boxes that slammed into my head when I was 16.

#11 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,180 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

This article is just one of hundreds on class action lawsuits.

I guess you have heard the discussions about stopping some High Schools from having football as a sport?

We are headed down a tough path.

#12 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,264 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

The players already sign a waiver that basically says "this game will hurt you, in some cases it will kill you" and they sign and say "Where's my money?". I'm not convinced this guy is having problems from his 2 years in the NFL but some guys are. The truth is some guys were sent back into games when they should have taken 2 weeks off. This is a very complex issue because sure the NFL sends the players out there. But the players are the ones hurting each other. Roger Goodell didn't run out there and hurt the Wide Receiver. James Harrison did. So why aren't they suing James Harrison?

#13 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,264 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

Is it just me or did no one sue the NFL for this stuff back in the 60s 70s and 80s. The NFL becomes a Multi Billion dollar business and now everyone wants a piece.

#14 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,281 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

You guys do account for the regular law of averages when you read these things right? Just because youre in the NFL doesnt mean youre genetically 100% flawless.

#15 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,284 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

The NFL is probably one of the most sued corporations in the NFL, jesus. They spend millions of legal council alone every year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.