Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama has passed the largest tax increase in the history of the world

58 posts in this topic

Posted

Is that Joe the Plummer or something? haha

He's got a freaking SS skull and bones on his hat.

Posted

Think it's Chuck Testa.

Posted

How do i miss these things?

Posted

Freedom costs a buck oh five...

Posted

Chuck Testa...made famous from Commercial Kings. Rhett and Link..two dudes from right down the road here in NC.

Posted

btw...go read Article I section 7 of the Constitution.

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A1Sec7.html

All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bill

Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by Yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively. If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law. Every Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of Adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the Same shall take Effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the Rules and Limitations prescribed in the Case of a Bill.

Roberts made a stupid stupid decision...we expect that of the liberal 4.

The House version was never voted on nor went to committee...so if it's a tax...it didn't originate there. Either way...all the republicans have to do is get to 51 votes in the Senate and beat Obama in November to overturn it.

Posted

I wish you'd come to grips with the idea that every time you try to come up with something like the above, you are completely incorrect about it.

But I understand that this, like the fantasy scenario above, is not going to happen. The Republicans will never overturn the Act. They may try and change a couple of things, that's it.

I mean, the guy that is running for President invented this poo here in the US. Do you ever stop to think about that?

Actually, do you ever stop to think?

Posted

He signed something that was going to pass anyway in the state of Massachusetts. I know it's really difficult for you liberals to understand the difference between state/federal authority.

Posted

come on, listen to Romney's statements at the time about the legislation... he wasn't forced into signing it.

so I guess it's okay for a *state* to force people to do something, but not okay for the federal government...?

Posted

The constitution was shredded many years ago. That dang patriot act ended her, you know for freedumb.

Posted

come on, listen to Romney's statements at the time about the legislation... he wasn't forced into signing it.

so I guess it's okay for a *state* to force people to do something, but not okay for the federal government...?

Yes...yes it is. Kinda like certain states having the audacity to allow bikers not to have to wear helmets.

Posted

Yes...yes it is. Kinda like certain states having the audacity to allow bikers not to have to wear helmets.

Even when allowing them to choose not to do something ends up costing the federal government money?